Monday, December 31, 2007

Day ONE of San Diego...

My parents took our whole family to

SAN DIEGO

for the

ASU BOWL GAME.


It was a long drive! ... (Esp. for those who didn't sleep, *WINK!!)

As soon as we got to the hotel, all of the kids ran around like they hadn't been able to use their legs in weeks. (Lance is included as one of the kids, OF COURSE!)


We changed & left to catch the train... slash ... the light rail.

There were LOTS of ASU fans to join us!
...Come on ride the train...

The Sherwood Family
Check out how CUTE our ASU cheerleaders are!
Roxy & Ellie
(Thanks Courtney for loaning us the outfits!)

All the grand kids!
Our family all decked out!
After the longest first half ever...
there was a great half time show.
There were so many U.S. SOLDIERS who rolled out, held, and then waved this HUGE FLAG, as someone was singing the anthem.
It was awesome.


(I gotta say that the DeViLs played really bad.. which is why the score was the way it was..)


This is RIGGS cheering ASU on.

He is really into ASU, and he got a little emotional at the score once in a while.


Ellie had a little nap during the LONG, FREEZING game...


The result in her hair:


(need I say more?)



You could tell that a lot of us were true Arizonans, from how FREEZING we were!


Good golly!


BUT, we did have a great time. Thanks mom & dad!

13 comments:

•stephanie• said...

yay for family fun & boo for the game/cold weather.

Cummards said...

Fun times! The game was horribe but oh well. I'm sad we didn't get to see you before we left. But we will be back at the end of January! I thought only old people knew about Seaport Village. I have many pictures through the years of me riding that exact carousel! How fun. That totally brought back lots of memories.

MichelleY said...

How fun to have a vacation! Too bad about the game though. Last time we visited Seaport Village our cousin broke a $500 crystal plate that my uncle ended up paying for...and we have never gone back :)

Cory♥Jessica said...

Your little girl is so cute! She is such a doll. And she looks exactly like you. She is liek a mini you. Too cute!

the cummard family said...

Happy New Year Cummards. Of course we missed having you at our little shin dig. Maybe next year.

Alisse Baldwin said...

How could anyone NOT think it was cold that night/the entire trip??

chris+amber said...

Your family had an action-packed holiday season! That's so funny you & your sister had your own version of "cheer camp"! Next time, you should have someone record it and post it on the blog so we can get a glimpse at how funny it was!

Missy said...

So I just now got down to the S's on my list...you know what I am talking about...LOL! I haven't commented on anyone's in a while so today my hands are stuck to the keyboard...LOL!

Ted...I was dying...at the game = SO COLD. I thought I was such a wimp. Good to know it wasn't just me. So the Sherwood Grandkids were adorable at the game. I wish more of my fam could have gone...I had to be a guy and not complain or give input on what I wanted to do. Like Brooklyn said...we just did boys things = "the game" and drove home. LOL. I thought we would maybe see some of your crew too. Looks like your fam had tons of fun in SD. I loved catching up on your posts. And your matching with sisters/cousins...love it. Hope you have a great 2008...and after-party...anytime.

Brookie said...

Hi Suzanne:)
I found your blog through lizzy. Its Brooke Bringhurst(Whiting) Your little girl is Beautiful, she looks exactly like you!! I just wanted to say hi and tell you i enjoyed looking at your blog, its so cute. Anyway, I am glad to hear you are doing well:)
Brookie Cookie:)...remember that name you gave me in junior high:)

Jamie W. said...

True Fans!! Love all the outfits. What a fun little getaway.

kemra said...

I love the ASU gear - no surprise I'm sure! Too bad the game STUNK! I was so cranky during it - I don't even want to talk about it any more though!

I'm glad you guys had fun! It looks like you had a good Christmas! I love how cute Ellie is!

Katie Peterson said...

My favorite would have to be the little girls cheerleading outfits...where did you get them...I think I will need to sport one of those to relive my glory days. LOL

Layne was at that game too...its too bad they got whooped!

abo-bder said...



شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فنى
تركيب كاميرات
تركيب كاميرات
فني ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فني ستائر بالرياض