Friday, December 14, 2007

Dear Santa...

Lance is such a good, cute dad!!

He helped Ellie write her letter to Santa.
He typed it up for her and had her sign it.
Then, he even helped her draw some pictures & color them.

Now, we just need to send it to the NORTH POLE!!

Ellie has been a really good girl.

She always tries to be a princess, and she always wants others to be happy.

(She has always been that way, part of her name even means "light to all".. so true!)

We are so THANKFUL for her and all of the happiness she has brought us.

{I think I need to write Santa and let him know!}

Ellie is so excited for Christmas this year! I have loved every Christmas with her.

BUT this year, she is so into SANTA, all of the CHRISTMAS songs, and the traditions... it makes me so excited for her!

We have been really CrAzY busy over the last few weeks (more posts coming)... but that is part of the HoLiDays, right!!

Quick story:

A couple weeks ago I was explaining to her that she needs to go through her toys and clean out some toys that she doesn't play with very much, so we can give them to a kid that needs them. She was so interested in this. She got right on it, and would bring me some really random things (and some toys that I knew she still always uses... so I'd ask "are you sure?"...)! She kept asking me to tell her about the kids that were going to get the toys. I would try to explain that we don't have to know them, they might not have a mom and/or a dad, or maybe not enough money, ETC.!! After a couple minutes, Ellie comes running in, so excited to tell me her brilliant idea!

Ellie: "MOM, you know what?"

Me: "What?"

Ellie: "If we see a baby that doesn't have a mom or a dad, we can just take them!!!!"

Me: "Oh, but that would be stealing. We can not do that."

Ellie: "Not if the mom or/and dad is in jail. Then we can just KEEP them!"

I think she forgot to ask Santa for a REAL baby!!... Maybe I need to make a list for myself & Lance after all!!

I hope everyone is getting lots done... ONLY like 11-10 DAYS LEFT!

6 comments:

•stephanie• said...

dang, girl. you're quite the prolific blogger. 4 posts in one night. maybe you should try sleeping!

ellie is the greatest little girl. love her spunk and {almost} always happy personality - with the exception of when you make her wear argyle.

games with uncle brent looks familiar. i've seen some of those activities around here. halleigh has always had a crush on him. dancing/jumping on the bed upstairs is a favorite sunday night activity. now there's no bed up there, but it's still a fun place to play.

Cummards said...

Yay! New pictures and they are all so cute! I love the letter to Santa, the easy bake oven made me laugh because I think every girl has asked for one of those starting 50 years ago. Speaking of Santa...I need to send him my list too! See you guys in a week, we can't wait!

The Tyler's said...

Love all the new posts! You are so on top of it. Ellie's letter to Santa could not be any cuter! I still need to do that with my kids.
Hey, so I really need to come by and get a few things. I want to get some car seat covers and that wall writting, if you still have it. I'm not sure if you keep the covers on hand though. Let me know when a good time would be.
Thanks for the Christmas card and cute tag. I can't decide who to give it to. It's way too cute...I might need to keep it for myself!!

My Loves said...

AWWW, Ellie is so dang cute!!! How funny that she wanted to take a baby who's parents are in jail!!! That's too cute. Where do kids come up with this stuff?? And what a little Drama Queen??!!!! I loved the dancing pictures. She is definitely ALL GIRL!!!

Alisse Baldwin said...

I love the way her mind thinks- so unpredictable! I also like the 'other' part of that story where she'd come switch out toys she had put in the pile when she decided she really did want to keep them! You're SO right- she has always been such a happy, joyful, friendly, social butterfly!

Beth said...

What a cute little girl you have. I am glad she is so nice. I am ready for Reagan to get out of the naughty stage she is currently in...