Friday, December 21, 2007

Brother Brad Sherwood

Well, even though this week has seemed to go really slow for my family (esp. Brad & my parents)... I can not believe my brother is old enough to get his mission call.

I actually had a dream last night about him opening his call. In my dream I became very emotional because it hit me that Bradley was not our newborn baby brother anymore, or our 5 year old brother... far from it. When I woke up, I will admit that I was a little sad that he is so old now.

ANYWHO-----
We have been expecting his mission call for over a week now. My mom has been checking the mail everyday a few times.. IT FINALLY came today!

Everyone came over tonight for him to open it.
Once the last expected friend came (DREW), Brad cut it open!!!
Brad was so excited to read it.

Brad was shouting out where he was headed, but stopped for a second, cause he didn't even know how to pronounce it.
JAOA PASSEO, BRAZIL!!!!!! (sp?)
He will be speaking Portugese.
He reports in APRIL!!
(I guess we could take a couple more family vacations before he leaves!*wink!)

Brad will be a great missionary. He has been excited about his mission since he was such a little boy. That is why it is so hard to understand it is already here!

One of Brad's best friends, Eduardo, is also headed to Brazil.... but 500 miles away. They think they'll some how meet up! So, of course they were both so excited.....

As for my mom & DAD... the picture speaks for itself! (love it)

The more Brad read about his area he will be serving, he decided that he is headed to the BEST MISSION IN THE WORLD!

(Sorry your guess was wrong Brad!! "Scranton" would've loved you, too!)

CONGRATS ELDER BRAD SHERWOOD!!!!

5 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

Wow, You're on top of things lately! I have some cute pictures too... I am just SO behind on blogging. They're just going to have to not be done in chronological order!

Maybe we can take a family trip to Scranton, Penn!

MichelleY said...

Congrats Elder Sherwood - Scranton is missing out! I'm sure Meredith could have used you :) Brazil is the best - just ask my husband!

Lisa said...

How fun!!! i am excited for Brad. Brookes missionary is in Brazil and is getting home in May. I can't believe he is old enough for a mission!

Jheri said...

Congrats Brad on the mission call! Brazil...that will be awesome! How fun for your family! I love all of your Christmas pictures too!

Unknown said...

we ♥ our brazilion!