Monday, December 31, 2007

Day THREE of San Diego

On Saturday, Dec. 29th,

we all got ready to go to the

San Diego Zoo.

MATCHING is a must, right?!!

We all rode one on the top of one of the tour buses.


Yes, I was a tourist, & now I am going to show just a few of my snap shots!


BEARS...
LIONS...
ELEPHANTS...
AND OF COURSE...

the orangutans!!!

Our family stayed at this spot for ... actually I don't even know how long .. but a really long time.

People told us that the San Diego Zoo was better than the Phoenix Zoo, we can see why we heard that so much (we still love our zoo, too)!

STRADDLE!!!

The monkeys/apes would come so close to the glass window.

The dad (?) & the baby were playing the entire time we were watching.

It was so funny!

Roxy is such an animal lover.

She went right up to the window to say HI to this playful monkey.


Roxy kept kissing the glass. It was so cute.

The ape liked Roxy, too!

YEAH, that's a big daddy!!!



One of them just showing off. It kept swinging on that bamboo!
Back to our favorite ape...

We noticed that she kept looking at my moms purse. Later on, a lady came and lined up things in front of the monkey. The monkey would point at which item she wanted to see her put on or use. Alisse & Shalae did it after she left. It was so fun to watch this GIRLY monkey point at which item she wanted to see.. lotion dripping out, or chap stick, etc!!!

Some of the guys left after that and took a visit to Midway, or something...


Gorillas
Ellie imitating the FLAMINGO'S!

This huge Polar Bear seemed O.C.D..


It kept doing the same thing over & over.


Since we didn't bring a stroller for Ellie, Lance rented this double stroller there.

Shalae & I came up with an idea, being the nerds that we are!!

Before we ditched our stroller, Shalae pushed Ellie & I down the hill!

GOOD TIMES!



Speaking of "roller coasters"...

We all took the easy way back to the front of the zoo.





WEEEE & WOOOW is what I think I heard from Alisse & Scott.

..HA HA..

Ellie standing in front of the exit/entrance as we left.
(Check out that cute tree shaped as an elephant)




Our family had never been to San Diego until July/August of this year.


Now, we have been there TWICE & both involved seeing AnImaLs!!


I now recommend the San Diego Zoo to all!


(Make sure you do BOTH roller coasters, though! *wink)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey there! So here I sat looking at your cute blog post in San Diego and was so surprised to see a man in your pics that looked like my dad! Sure enough it was my dad! How fun that you went to the pier. I am sure he was so happy to have you there. It probably made his day. That is what he lives for these days. Thanks for visiting him. I hope you guys had a fun Christmas!
Love,
Amy