Sunday, December 16, 2007

Progressive Dinner 07 with the Sherwood's

Tonight my family (the Sherwood side) did our
TRADITIONAL Progressive dinner.
This is one of my most FAVORITE traditions.
We started off at Shalae's cute house!


She made yummy Bruschetta and spinach dip.

Shalae prepared a fun, quick game.
She had us pick a paper out of the cup.
It had the following written on it (each paper had a different name).
It was so fun to read what everyone said about eachother.
My Grandma Riggs (or SPORT SPICE, if you will) was able to come & participate.
We love that she is still going strong.
(I told her yesturday that she is kind of like a cat, cause she has 9 lives. She will be doing good, then something happens, but she comes out of it.. sometimes stronger!)

Next stop...

we just walked a few house down to Alisse's adorable house.

(Uncle Brad even ditched his other plans to be with us the whole time!)

Alisse & Scott have such a fun, colorful house.
{How could anyone ever be sad over there with the fun colors?}

Alisse made a yummy salad.......with awesome toppings!
Alisse also prepared a quick, fun game.

She had a bag with names & an other bag with questions. (separate bags for kids)
We went around guessing each question we drew. It was lots of fun.

Off to my parents!
Their house is very decked for Christmas.

(more pics coming later)

We went around the table and told our favorite Christmas memory (most of ours was the year we got MAJERLE)!!

GOURMET?

Yeah, it was.

Auburn & my mom prepared the main course.

The 5 grandkids enjoying the food.

And then all of us doing the same!!!

Since Auburn's family room & kitchen are under construction, she wanted to skip the visit to her house this year.. I had to slip this one in, since Auburn erased her blog!

Such a classic!!!

Roxy is terrified of Santa!

Then we had dessert at our place. It was nice to be walking distance. *wink!

I made yummy cheesecake.

(I used to make this as a hobby in jr. high, when I was in homemec. {sp?})

{Note- I didn't take a picture of us by our tree, but I will on Saturday when we do the Cummard's progressive.}

Noah loves to build, stack, etc.!

The 2 girly girls.

Ellie said "Mom, look. I made my cake all pink!"

Ellie's motto:

IF IT AINT PINK, IT STINKS!

If any of you have family that is close by, you should totally start this tradition.

It is so fun.

Otherwise, sometimes the month gets so crazy that there is no time to make it to see families homes all decorated!

Only 8 more days now!!!!!

11 comments:

MichelleY said...

That is such a good idea - what a fun tradition! And how neat that Sporty could make an appearance too :) Who made that dessert - it looked delightful!

Unknown said...

That was quick. This just happened last night. You're on a roll!

Sad that nobody thought to take a picture of your family. Sorry! You're just the photographer usually so everyone leaves it up to you to get some good pictures.

At this busy time of year it helped that we only had to make 2 different stops - yet we still made it to 4 different houses!!

Alisse Baldwin said...

I might as wlel not post mine now; it was going to be pretty much the same as this post!

Such fun pictures! Today at work we're slow so we are telling each other our favorite Christmas traditions, so I told everyone this one. Then I just emailed them with a link to here so they could see more of the Progressive Dinner!

Oh, and it's Home Ec. (like home economics)

•stephanie• said...

y'all know how to partay! it looks like such a good time, and i especially liked sam's sincere/cheesy smile with vic in front of the tree.

Lisa said...

Wow so much fun! Bradley looks so much like your dad. It is so crazy to see him so grown-up.

Katie Peterson said...

That is such a good idea! What cute houses all your sisters have & what fun games. Thanks for the good ideas!

the cummard family said...

Can't wait till Saturday!

Cummards said...

I was laughing at homemec! K Lee is hurrying me, I'll comment later!

Cummards said...

It looks like it was fun! And how nice that you didn't have to drive all over the state. Now when the Cummards have theirs....you'll be in the car for quite some time! So are they doing it on Saturday? Wasn't it going to be another day? I read the caption "and sporty spice even made an appearance" before I saw the picture, and I laughed so hard. Then I saw the picture and laughed even harder. You know the Spice Girls are making a comeback, they are on tour right now!

kemra said...

Looks like you had fun! I love Ellie's pink food - I can definitely relate to a daughter who is obsessed with pink! I love it though!

Thanks for your Christmas card! It was so cute! You are such a cute family!

chris+amber said...

How fun! I wanna start that tradition with my family as soon as my dad gets better. Everyone's house is perf. The food looks delish. I love Ellie. She always has the sweetest smile whenever I see her. Halleigh & Addi were so happy to hang out with her at Quincy's party last night.