Wednesday, November 14, 2007

You say it's your birthday.. da na nanana, Hey Jude......

This next week is 3 family birthdays.

{Shalae's, Marjerle Dog, and then my moms}

November 16th is Shalae's B-DAY & also our MAR DOG'S B-day!


(We had to put Marjerle down a couple years ago because he was so sick. We all miss him tons!)Shalae has been cute, smart, pretty & a perfect example since she was young.

I have gotta admit... hard footsteps to follow!!
People THINK Shalae is SHY!

HA HA.

That is such a joke! She isn't shy when she is with me or my family. She is actually the opposite & she is HILARIOUS!!

Whenever we would go to California or Lake Powell, Shalae would say "I am never going to see them again..." So, she would come out of her shell & just be so funny & say odd things to people.

(We didn't even know that girl on the back of the Sea Doo, but we became friends there! HA HA)


For some reason, my family loves making UGLY faces, UGLY noises.. WHATEVER..
We have been this way, since I can remember. My oldest sister Auburn would tease Shalae more than anyone else (we the people...) & Shalae would put up with it... WELL SOMETIMES !! *wink

ANYWHO.. let me share some pictures that I am going to be BUSTED for later!!!



Shalae has always been a very hard worker. She always will be!

She doesn't complain that she has to wake up, get herself ready, drop off Noah & be to work by 7 AM.. she amazes me.

(especially on the days that end in Y)

I really lucked out when it comes to having the best DEDICATED business partner ever. She is so organized, such a perfectionist, I could go on & on! Every week we have meetings & she keeps us IN LINE!! I am more than grateful for everything she has done for SHE'S GOT IT ALL!!

SO...

THANK-YA-KINDLY

SHAE!!

(not to mention how perfect her house is, so cute, always clean, always organized, and so on!)

Not that this proves anything... but she is SO CRAFTY!

I helped her make this quilt back in the days..

too bad we couldn't just act normal in the picture!

She is also such a good daughter to my mom. Shalae is making these cute books for my mom & dad. She has them answer questions that she writes down & then she scrapbooks them ... look how cute my moms book is:

Shalae's best friends:

(that goes for all of us)
I am blushing more for myself than Shalae or Brad for this picture.. but....

When Shalae got her license.. we were OOC!
Shalae took me everywhere!

AND I MEAN EVERYWHERE!

She would help take & pick me up from hanging out with friends...


my sophomore year at MHS she took me to lunch with her & her friends every day...

I was fatter than I had ever been (besides now) when she turned 16!

We went to the gas station, Wendy's, Burger King, basically some really fatty places every day. It got so bad that we both had to limit our selves to ONE CANDY BAR A DAY!! SICK!!!

I have no idea why Shalae had goggles on, but we were obviously bored. I am holding Brad's undies out & he is still giving a peace sign in the window! HA HA...

OOPS, someone must have snuck this picture in the post!


{insert UGLY voice} OOPSY-DAISY!


We decided one way to move on from old boyfriends was...


Speaking of BoYfRieNds... Shalae has a crush on this hottie....


She wanted to take her chances with a new FLAVE of LOVE! {J/K!}

I hardly ever wear flats when I hang out with my sisters.
Shalae is the tallest of all of us & I am so jealous! (I love that Ellie got this jean)

Her long legs & skinny body make me sick when I think of her average breakfast:
ICE CREAM or COOKIE DOUGH.. or both!

Whatever! .. I got jipped!

When Shalae was pregnant, she craved some really fatty foods & desserts.. so I supported her & ate everything right along with her! {whoops!}

Shalae not only has a talent for making really UGLY faces & voices, but she is really good at imitating people. See for yourself:


This is Sloth's sister:


NOPE, not the same person! (The second picture is Shalae!)


This is Auburn & Shalae walking through Chandler Mall BOTH holding a handle to a (NON HEAVY) bag. In other words: pulling a "grandma "Maria" & Aunt "Jessica" "!


Shalae, Auburn (YES - matching) & my mom were with Lance during my delivery with Ellie. They were all just about in tears when Ellie was not coming. (thank you vacuum) But as soon as Ellie came out {smiling} Shalae treated her as her own. Ellie loves "MAMA SHAE".

Mama Suz & Mama Shae got a little hard & crazy for a while when the kids were younger & we were both working LOTS.. but we both look back & laugh now.

(Christmas day a couple years ago.. kids were worn out & since we were in the picture.. of course we couldn't be normal!)

Shalae & I have learned PaRentInG tips from our oldest sister, Auburn.

One thing that we have ALL had much success on....

SCARE TACTICS!!!
So mean... yeah, yeah.. but we have learned as moms, WHATEVER WORKS!!
(On the plane ride home from DisneyWorld Noah was terrified of the man in the red shirts, so what did we do... TAKE A PICTURE to save the threat!) So mean, I know. Latest threats: brown lady, scary man, the mask(s), the witch....

Shalae is so organized that she is usually CAUGHT UP on her scrapbooking. I wish I had more to post of her & Noah, but I would need to borrow her scrapbooks.
SHALAE is such a good, patient, loving mom for Noah! She works her buns off & still makes time to be sweet to her sweetheart, NOAH.

Ever since Shalae was young she LOVED monkeys so much that she actually wanted one.. WELP, she sure got one!! Noah is her little dream monkey! A little curious at times, but sweet as ever!

OH.. no. This snuck in there, too!

Shalae is easily entertained.

AND, as one of her COACHES for the Singles Network...

(GUYS, she is a great catch!)

I am so glad I have such good best friends & sisters. I love that they laugh at me & pretend I am funny, they all support each other, and our perfect examples to me.

Shalae, I love you & look up to you in every way. I want the best for you. I know life is going to be getting better soon, because Heavenly Father knows and loves you. Thanks for always being there for me.

HAVE A GOOD B-DAY!

(Of course you deserve it!)

11 comments:

•stephanie• said...

shalae is one of the sweetest, most patient, and {until now, i always thought} shy people i know. guess i was wrong about that. shalae is also gorgeous and tall and thin and organized, and . . . well, practically perfect. love her {and you}. happy birthday shalae.

Alisse Baldwin said...

I thought I was going to win for the first post. Thank-ya-kindly for stealing the favorite sister title away from me AGAIN.

And nice how our posts had so many similar things... including the title even! And I totally thought I would be the only one to post about The Miss Priss, but looks like you're still majerle's fav, too. (besides Mom)

Love this post about Shoelace! Aren't we lucky to call her our SISTAH?

Missy said...

LUuuVVV IT! I love this, cuz it reminds me of me & my sistas. Good job. Happy Birthday Shalae!She is so beautiful, even when she "tries" to be ugly! And I love your "holiday post". Cute stuff. I came by the other day, I was looking very scummy so I knocked twice, nobody came, so I gladly ran away...but I owe you Money for SGIA. Ask Shalae, and I will try again tomorrow...which is now today, yikes.

Unknown said...

Somebody's busted! Thank you for all the nice things you said about me, but as my 'coach' I can't believe you put some of these pictures on. That one with the gold hat popped up out of nowhere. I forgot about that! Thank you kindly though. Also, I am by self right now and tears are in my eyes because I am laughing so hard. You know what I'm talking about - the picture of sloth's sister. TWINS!! The sad part is, I was not trying to imitate that lady, I was just trying to be as ugly as possible and it turned out that we must be long lost twins.

Seriously, thanks for all the nice things you said about me, this post made my day. But I will hold you responsible if I am single for the rest of my life!!

MichelleY said...

Happy Birthday Shalae - hope you have a great day - you deserve it!

See it Try it Love it said...

Happy Birthday Shalae, True that to all Suzanne said, I know that she truly means all of it. Thanks for letting me tag along with you guys sometimes, you are a hoot. And for all the times I copied your pages. Thanks.

chris+amber said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Shalae!! I hope you have a hot date for your birthday! ;o) I agree with Suzanne...you are practically perfect in every way!

Jheri said...

That is such a cute post!!! Happy B-day Shalae!

Ella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzy Cummard said...

"Ella"/"Cinders"-

I am sorry that you went to all of that trouble just to comment. (Creating a private blog & new e-mail..)
BUT, I am more sorry that you misread what I was saying.
I will e-mail you, please e-mail me back... plese contact me at suzanne@shesgotitall.net.

FOR anyone else who feels the same... ThAT was NOT what I was doing & I wouldn't do that.

Do I find alot of humor in MAKING UGLY FACE... UH, yeah I do!!!I always have.

AND- No, I am not going to erase that comment.

the cummard family said...

sunday the 18th at 10:51...or even 9:51 (since your blog is an hour ahead) me and my family were at church.