Tuesday, November 20, 2007

FIVE ZERO!!!

{Feel free to sing along with me....}



Back then she was nothin' but knees and elbows


Golly did she grow up fast


She's got her daddy's money (it's just part of the song..)


Her mama's good looks
More laughs than a stack of comic books
A wild imagination
A college education (well kinda)

Add it all up it's a deadly combination (I am gonna be dead from posting this)


She's a good bass fisher

A dynamite kisser


Country as a turnip green (yeah.. I really have no clue what that means!)

She's got her daddy's money, Her mama's good looks,



And look who just turned FIFTY:



I have the best mom in the whole entire world & November 21st is her birthday!


My mom makes FIFTY look so good!


I want to share a couple quick things I love about my mom...


*My mom is the best example to me...


* She has always loved to go to lunch with her friends...

* She is the best sister and daughter...

* Grandma VICKI is the best grandma!!...

* She is so pretty, always has been.. (btw- she has the longest lashes)....
* She is such a good friend to everyone!!...


(some of her high school girl friends)
* She loves to travel, and has done LOTS of it, too ....

* My mom HATES camping, but she has always been such a sport about it anyway! ...


* She loves her hot baths at night & then PJ time.. & of course all of her jammies are so cute! ... (When Ellie was a baby, she loved every time my mom would put on her silky polka dots!)

* Even though my mom was unable to be an athlete, she was always the biggest ATHLETIC SUPPORTER! (From Pop Warner, softball, & all the years of cheering! ) I know she will be such an athlete, or dancer, or whatever in heaven.

* Vicki LOVES shopping... but most of all she LOVES the Orange County SWAP MEET!!!...




* My mom has always been so inspiring in every church calling she has had.

(This was some Young Women {Georganne & Georgette} from a long time ago that became baptised!)...



* My mom comes a fun & crazy family! She loves to have girls trips to Newport with everyone!...
* My mom is such a hard worker. She supported and helped with MAUI WOWI events, she helps us out so much with She's Got It All, and she does so much still as a mom, wife & grandma.
Here's a picture of her & Fran back when they worked at KRP together. I know it must have been really hard to go to work while my sisters & I were growing up, but she did it.
Memory Lane:

My mom's 30th b-day:


Her 40th Surprise B-Day party:


And this past Saturday, we surprised her at her favorite Mexican stop...

MATTA'S!


I hope I can look 1/2 that good when I turn 50!




I am so thankful to have her as my mom.


She is always happy, so super friendly, so cute, so in style, and always full of laughs!


She inspires me in everything from cooking, being crafty, decorating, or just being a mom.


She is so fun, funny, and we always have a blast when we are together.


She is so spiritual & I know I could go to her for anything.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!


I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER KNOW.


Thank you so much for everything you have always done for me.


You truly are an angel.

9 comments:

•stephanie• said...

oh, wow. you really should let people have a chance to edit which photos you use before you post them. {not to mention the fact that some of those shots were STOLEN!} but, seriously, your mom is just the best there is. she is one in a million and i'm so lucky she's my friend!

Unknown said...

ditto to everything you said! Mom is the best.

Lisa said...

Wow how cute is your mom! I loved looking at all those pics. Your mom was one of my MOST favorite YW leaders. She had the best lessons, best testimony, and was such a positive influence on me! Happy Birthday Vicki!!! Lisa McFarland Bitter

Suzy Cummard said...

LISA-
Why don't you have a blog? I have not seen you in ... umm... forever! Probably since you got married.
I hope life is going good.
I love hearing from you!

Unknown said...

i love your mom too! she's so cute & a great example! hope she had a great birthday!

Lisa said...

I just got my blog started this last week. I am still pretty new at it though. I have no idea what I am doing so I am learning as I go. I haven't told anyone about yet either so your the first. My blog is mattandlisab.blogspot. Hope you had a happy turkey day!!!

Tiffany Applegate said...

Happy Birthday to Vicki! She is so cute and is such a great mom to you girls. She is so much fun to be with. Our moms are so much alike. We need to get together again soon. Happy birthday vicki!!

chris+amber said...

What a fun trip down Memory Lane! I hope I look half as good as your mom does at 50! This was fun to read! I hope she had a fantabulous birthday!!!

Aubree Stradling said...

How sweet! I hope I look that good when I'm 40, let alone 50!

Thanks for the fun time at the ASU game! It was fun to see you guys for more than 3 seconds! We'll have to get together again!