Sunday, November 4, 2007

DENIED!!

This summer, my dad decided to build this NIFTY little area in the garage.
(New stairs to the attic & an extra storage place.)
After doing all of that, we cleaned out & really organized the attic.
(My dad is the biggest perfectionist I know & he is always doing dome kind of project)

When we were done organizing, my dad had a bunch of BIG stuff he wanted to take to D.I.!

Instead, I told him I would have a garage sale.....

After many crazy Saturdays, I decided to finally have my garage sale this past Saturday.

The reasons I wanted to have a garage sale:

a) Obviously I am desperate to make a dollar,

and B) My mom always gets Dunkin Donuts during garage sales.
So, my dad decided he didn't want to put any of those items in the garage sale, but LUCKILY Auburn wanted to get rid of lots of baby items, and Brad added a few items.
LET ME JUST SAY:
I HATE GARAGE SALES!
Since I didn't really have any big items...
THE RESULT:
I had to try to sneak & take a picture of this, & you can't really see what it is...SO, let me explain a bit....
I was one of those garage sales that
A) People drive by slow & see it isn't worth their while to get out! (DENIED!!)
B) A van full of people unload, & a couple minutes later they all load back up ... with out buying anything! (DENIED!!)
C) A nice lady feels bad & wants to help me somehow... so she buys some baby hand mitts for a NICKEL!!!

Right when I was about to close up shop, a nice family came & luckily doubled my sales!

(not much, but it made my day!!)

So, I made.....

NEVER MIND

how many smackers I earned!!!!

It was a waste of my time, I probably gained 5 pounds eating donuts, and I got denied countless times....

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I will admit that I still can't stop laughing about the whole thing!!

HEY, it's _$$$$$$_ that I didn't have before...

14 comments:

See it Try it Love it said...

Sounds like a real success, sorry I forgot to bring stuff, though I don't know if my stuff would have made people get out of the car. At least you earned that nickel. By the way I love your dads garage, I strive for that kind of perfection.

Alisse Baldwin said...

5 cents is more than what you started with!

Cummards said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA thats all I have to say. And, Im sorry. Ok, one more thing.. Im jealous of the DD, we dont have one up here. I gues hahaha wasnt all I had to say.

•stephanie• said...

that attic is cleaner than my house and i'll know exactly where to go if i ever need some maui wowi cups.

Melissa said...

you totally just answered my question about whether or not to have a garage sale. :) Thank you for taking it for the team!!

Unknown said...

Ted, I'm DYING! that you did this many posts. This one about the garage sale is the best one I've read on any blog in a long time. I seriously am laughing so hard about your reasons to have garage sales. One of them being that mom will buy Dunkin Donuts. And then the fact that you gained 5 pounds (yeah right) and only made $___ is hilarious. I'm sorry that you did all that work for basically nothing. The comment before mine is hilarious too. Being denied at garage sales is like when we used to take our old clothes to Name Brand Exchange and they would only pick out like 1 or 2 things. That was so embarrasing!

Jheri said...

you are hilarious! i hate garage sales too...which is why my garage looks a huge dumping pile. too lazy to drive to DI:)

Missy said...

I HATE having garage sales...I totally fight with the people that come and try to get my price down. Then they bring their kids and have the kids ask you if they can have it for free while the parents watch and I say...FINE! TAKE IT!!!

chris+amber said...

SAD! We had our attempt at a garage sale a few years ago and have decided since then it's not worth our time & effort! We enjoyed the donut part. What's a garage sale without donuts?! Now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever seen Sam watch TV....always doing something much more productive! I need to be more like him! GO SAM!

Auburn said...

You know the reason it bombed, don't you? It wasn't Suz and Aubz! You know I would have hid!

Katie Peterson said...

You need to come sell your stuff out here in Queen Creek. My sisters and I had a 'buy my junk' garage sale & we all made $$$! I couldn't beleive my old, baggy shirts would sale...but then I felt bad for making the people buy them. You are hillarous!..don't you love getting DENIED!

MichelleY said...

Too bad - if Cher was for sale - that garage sale would have been a hit!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Auburn's right- I totally forgot about Suz & Aubz!

Do you have Summer's email? Her blog is private now, and I didn't get an invite. Ur-Ur.

kemra said...

I hate garage sales too! Dean always wants to have one, adn I always tell him that we won't make any money - I'll make him read this!