Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving 07

Last week in nursery (yes, Ellie is STILL in nursery until January) Ellie made this cute turkey.
I love it! She told them she was thankful for:

(Incase you can not see.... Grandpa, Grandma, Roxy, Mom, Dad, and Nursery!)
This THANKSGIVING I was thankful for many things.... but I am right there with Ellie.
I am so thankful for all of the FAMILY that we have.
One of my favorite things about the holidays....

TRADITIONS!

Each year at Thanksgiving we have a tradition with the Cummards..
THANKSGIVING EVE.
We all make a really nice meal (Dave & Syd supply the crab or lobster & also their house) & we always have a great time.
This year we did not do it, & I really wish that we did. It did not fully feel like Thanksgiving...
but I think my family started a new tradition.....
We did our neighborhood TURKEY TROT! It was our first one & we loved it.


My dad said he was going to walk it...then he decided he wanted to run it & make sure to beat all of his daughters. (Mission accomplished.)

Ellie loved having a few cousins there.

(Casey was also there with Sarah, the Mabry girls and Ron. I'll have to steal a picture later.)

Here is Calee Girl being an athlete!

Ellie just being...

Well...
ELLIE!

Ellie & I have been practicing 2 miles.

(aka: TRAINING .. Elle on her back & me a very slow jog)

This might not seem like alot, but for myself it is amazing. I hate cardio & I have never ran 2 straight miles... sad/funny... I know!!!
BUT I did it! .. AND so did Ellie!


Thanksgiving Day we went to Alma's house and had a great meal
(esp. the mashed potatoes & cheese cake.. I have no clue who made them.. *WINK*)
The kids had a blast playing on her sports court, using all of the toys, and most of all hanging out with each other.

Grandma Riggs...
(the lady who started it all)

(Sparky was even there *wink ...)

(That same guy also was lucky enough to go with his Poppie to the ASU game.)Dave & Syd let Lance, Dean, Kemra, & I have their tickets. (THANKS!!)

We had SO MUCH FUN!

What started out as a good game.. ended up a very sad ending..

BUT we still had a fun time!

It was a long day.

We were all worn out!

13 comments:

The Tyler's said...

Nice job on the two miles!! That's fabulous. Now you are ready for the real turkey trot!
Cute pictures!

Cummards said...

I know how you feel about the 2 mile thing, that is quite an accomplishment for myself as well! That picture of Ellie doing the splits on her bike is too funny. I remember doing that all the time. We had so much fun being down there and can't wait till Christmas to come back! yay!

Missy said...

Congrats on the Turkey Trot...I am proud of the 2 miles cuz that is about my Max right now too(lol). And fun you got to go to the game! And yes, it was very sad wasn't it? Hopefully this next Saturday we'll make up for it!

kemra said...

OK, so yes- the "aubree" comment was me. I was at my parent's house, and my sister has a gmail account that she is always logged on to. So, I was blogging a little bit - not knowing that I was logged in as her! Sorry for the confusion!

kemra said...

I really want to come to your boutique on Saturday - but that is the same day as the ASU game against UoA - so I HAVE to go to that! It depends what time the game is, I may be able to come- but those games are in the afternoon a lot - so I'll just have to see! I hope I can do both of them!

Melis said...

Go you for running two miles! I can't remember the last time I even thought of doing that! Ha ha! Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

MichelleY said...

You are a soldier - two miles without stopping - amazing! Sounds like you guys had lots of fun for Thanksgiving and I especially enjoyed the pjs on Saturday :)

•stephanie• said...

ellie on her bike at age three and one half years old . . . amazing. she is so darling. i love sitting in front of her in church.

Kelly said...

how fun, a turkey trot! Wish we did stuff like that in our ward. I dont think i have ever ran 2 miles and can't say that i ever plan to either.

Jamie W. said...

That is how Emma was too in nursery forever because she has a Janurary birthday. Looks like a fun Thanksgivin. Good job on the running. : )

Katie Peterson said...

I still can't get over how much Ellie looks like you...I loved the nursery craft. How fun you got to go to the ASU game!

Linz said...

Thanks for the advertising on SGIA...I love your website so it's so fitting for me and my work! Your Ellie is a sweetie as well!

kemptons said...

And you said you weren't a runner... Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving.