Monday, March 24, 2008

Our Easter weekend 2008

Speaking of banners....
I made this one for Alisse for her b-day this year.
(Why not pastel colors? Because her house matches this perfectly!)
Alisse- sorry you have to take it down now!!

On Friday, we tagged along with our pastie white bodies to Power Ranch Pool with Auburn & her friend Cassidy. The pool was heated & Ellie loved it.
Noah--- not so much...

Instead of getting in the water, Noah & Roxy (once again) fought over being

"THE PRES. of THE FOOD EATERS CLUB".

My vote--- Rox.

She proved she deserved it more. And she was happy the whole time!

{Love ya Doodles... you get it from the Sherwood side!}

That night, the ladies went out on the town... {or CHANDLER, at least} .... for some good shopping & some yummy food for Auburn's birthday.

Saturday morning, I had to coach.

BUT.... SUPER DAD took Ellie to the park for the neighborhood EASTER EGG HUNT. Looks like it was a great turn out & I heard it was tons of fun!
(THANKS to Jheri Glover & all those who helped!)

Obviously, Lance was really far away for this shot.
When I zoomed in I was cracking up at Elle's face! She was flying down that hill & her face said it all!!! She meant business.

Ellie loves her friend/cousin: CARTER!

On Saturday night, we had family pictures & then headed to a dinner that our great BISHOP put on to honor these 2 {YOUNG} men:


DREW & BRAD- aka: Darla & Alfalfa- still seem so young.
At least until this weekend when we heard their testimonies, etc.
At the end of the dinner, Brad & Drew each got to pick a tie off of one their leaders necks, and now get to take it with them on their missions.
(A tradition)

PROUD PARENTS!

Proud sisters- minus Auburn!
(You missed out Auburn!)

More proud sisters.

The Romney's also came straight from family pictures.
{The color black = a hit!}

(Sorry about the blur.)

These moms are already loosing it!

2 YEARS with out their sons.... somehow they'll make it.

Ellie & Noah loved being babysat by Rachel! Thanks Rachel.


SUNDAY....

The EASTER BUNNY did find where we were this year!!

After Ellie looked through her basket, she started looking around for HIDDEN presents.

(Sorry Ellie... I guess the Easter bunny doesn't HIDE everything.)

Brad & Drew gave WONDERFUL, AMAZING talks in church.

There were so many people telling me they had no idea Brad talked like that. I think we were all blown away. With 4 sisters, Brad doesn't talk much around us, and when he does, he isn't serious.

Lance took Ellie over to his parents for some of their Easter traditions while I helped my mom & family get ready for Brad's open house.

I am not sure what this is about, but Lance said she was throwing some kind of fit because she didn't bring HER Easter basket. HA HA...

Easter egg hunt with the cousins....


Then, Cheryl did "Grandma's store".
Ellie picked out some very interesting things.
A couple of my faves:
* Grow a SISTER! Finally! Elle has a sister who is made of sponge or somethin'!
* A plastic heart necklace with ANNIE in the heart! She loves it.

Sunday night, we had Brad's OPEN HOUSE.

Everything was cute & yummy.Some of Brad's friends:

Even though we had did take some Easter pics, I feel like we skipped over Easter this year.

OH WELL!
We'll miss Brad for 2 years!

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A WONDERFUL EASTER!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

a)speaking of banners... LOL!
and secondly) the picture of Ellie bookin it down the hill is so funny - and totally makes me think of Steel Magnolias!!!
c)I love fatty town leftovers. Especially when I'm bored at work.
d)I'm glad that you got to the bottom of the pictures where Ellie is pouting!
e)Yesterday I went into the rec room and as soon as Ellie saw me in there, she showed me her "sister" - growing up in the cup of water. I'm so glad she isn't an only child anymore!

chris+amber said...

Two things I need to address: 1.) those banners you make are SOOOOO cute! I love 'em! You need to post a "how-to" on your blog or for a project to do on SGIA's site. 2.) I TOTALLY forgot that Brad made the PERFECT Alfalfa! That picture cracks me up. They really put up with alot from their sisters. It's so weird to see them be MEN these days. Thanks for the fun reminder!

the cummard family said...

that banner is super cute. and....my birthday is june 28th ;)

also-we need to {try} making the birthday banners that sarah makes....i'd like one in pastels.

ellies outfits are so cute...and we all want to see the family pics.

Lisa said...

Wow super fun weekend!! I would love to see Ellies faces running down the hill:) Thanks for your comment on my blog, your so sweet! Athough I was skinny in the Guatemala pics on my blog I have gain weight since. Actually as soon as we got home from our trip I got off my meds I had been taking since high school (so we could start trying). My weight went crazy and the doctor said that it would take at least a year for me to control it. I was super sad because I had finally gotten down to a weight I wanted to be so I could get pregnant. To say the least it has been an up hill battle. I am glad to say I have lost 37lbs since thanksgiving but still have about 30 to go. Though I am willing to settle on 15-20lbs so we can start trying :) It a great motivator when your husband talks about wanting a baby everyday.

Hope you have a HAPPY Wed!!!

See it Try it Love it said...

Looks like a ton of Easter fun, I loved Ellies dress. Brads Party looks super yummy, you guys always decorate everything so cute. Missed you this weekend we need to get together.

Mikelle said...

Happy Easter! Ellie is so stinking beautiful!
I can't believe that Brad & Drew are that old! What a hilarious pic of them as Darla & Alfalfa-so cute. When I think of them that's how I still picture them, little boys. Time flys...
Hope you guys are doing great!

The Tyler's said...

I wish we would have gone to that Easter egg hunt by your moms house. I always hear it is the best in town!

Ellie could not be more adorable. Love that girl!

So sad that your brother is leaving. He is so cute!

And my birthday is next month...I'll take a banner also! Or you could just show us all how to make them.

Suzy Cummard said...

Banner instructions coming soon on http://www.shesgotitall.net
PROJECT IDEAS!
Well, at least sometime in the future!

Thanks for liking them.

I have become a bit obsessed since the BELIEVE one I made at Christmas.

kemptons said...

Fun Easter! I was at your ward last Sunday with my family and I just have to say that your brother gave such a great talk. I was so impressed. He is going to be a great missionary! Oh, and I love the banner too!

Kristen Arnett said...

I can't get over Ellie's cuteness! I love her short hair and all of her cute outfits! I think the brown sunflower dress is my favorite. You look extra skinny and cute in those pictures, by the way! Now that Olivia can sit up, I need to buy one of those cute grocery cart covers from you. :)

P.S. The Darla/Alfalfa picture is hilarious! I can't believe they're old enough to go on missions!

•stephanie• said...

darla and alfalfa rock. i'm going to try REAL HARD to think of that picture {so i'll laugh, instead of . . . you know} when i'm dropping him/her off at the mtc. say a little prayer for me, please.

Jenny Grover said...

Hey you!! Where have you been all my life! So whatz you doing tonite! (Sat) Are you still down going out?? Or are you going to hit up Walmart or CVS! Let's make the guys plan it!! Maybe we can go clubing or to some bar! Don't you like to shake it! Well if you guys are busy we can do it another nite! Peace out?

P.S. you know I was kidden about clubing and going to a bar. HEE HEE

Debbie said...

Debbie Garlock here--How does Cheryl work her "store"? Sounds like a really cute grandma thing to do, and I am a grandma ya know. I am a great stealer of ideas. ☺

Brittney Smith said...

HOw do you keep up with so many things going on?? Looks like you guys had a great Easter. I loved the tights in the Easter basket. Good idea!!