Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mesa, Arizona Temple


My favorite temple:

The first time I was able to go to the temple was unforgettable.
Two of my favorite things was:
1) the support I got from my family, my family-to-be, and friends.
AND 2) I'll never forget the way Lance kept looking at me, because he was as excited as I was.


On Saturday, my family was all able to go to the Mesa, Arizona temple to watch my brother go through for the first time.

It was so nice to all be there together as an
ETERNAL FAMILY.
After the temple, we met at FUDDRUCKERS. (sp?)
Even though Ellie was not with us, Lance couldn't resist trying to get more JUNK for her.

You know that part on "GREASE" when Kenickie growls as he takes a bite of his burger, and Rizzo says "YOU PIG!".....

I kept imitating him & my sisters dared me to go to it to my brother BRAD, his friend Drew & his friend I had never met.....

DARE?

You know I did it.
NO BIG DEAL!

{Although Drew & Brad did ask me to leave their table.}

Shalae was REALLY HUNGRY!
She was imitating me.... imitating Kenickie....
If you have ever been to "FUDDS", I hope you can relate at least a little bit.

IF you DO know me, or my family, YOU KNOW how we feel about DIPS!!!!

And if you know Lance, you know how he feels about dessert!!!!
I have a picture of him from MORP our Senior Year, where our group went to FUDDS, and Lance wouldn't even smile or look at the camera, because he was enjoying his brownie a little too much.... some things never change!!

OUR FAMILY:

(Lance- nice hiding)
What a great night.

P.S.

* Steph, I think you were the only one at dinner that is missing from my pics...

* and a HUGE THANKS to KAYLEE for babysitting at the very last minute. Ellie loves you & wants you to ALWAYS babysit! AND CONGRATS on your BIG WIN at the pageant! You rock!

* I have been really, really busy updating She's Got It All, working at the gym, and planning Ellie's party, etc..... I am trying this week to catch up on blogs. I feel like I am a bad friend if I don't look at my links blogs. I do comment if I look. I actually put "BLOG" on my "To-Do List" this week! HA HA. So....give me time, I am trying to catch up! SORRY!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry for the inappropriate-ness that night. Fuddruckers was so good but I think I gained 5 pounds from all my food, dips, and shake. Was it worth it? Heck yes!

Hollin said...

FUDDS is the place!!! The last time my fam was at the temple we did Fudds after too, must be the new Matta's!! Love the pics of Ellie's hair cut, so cute, haven't seen her since the new due! Sorry if you water hair it still doesn't grow....TRUST ME!!!!!!!

The Tyler's said...

It was fun to watch your cute family through the whole thing! Your bro. is so cute. I'm mad I didn't get an invite to fudds! j/k

Nielsen Family said...

Suzanne, it's Darcie! How are you doing? I love your blog, and Ellie is getting so big. Check out our blog at www.nielsencorner.blogspot.com

•stephanie• said...

um . . . we were discussing your "to do" list at dinner last night. drew was evesdropping & reading it as you were writing it during church yesterday. how rude is he? he told us to check your blogs, because they were going to be updated soon. he was right!

i'm not in your fudd photos on purpose. didn't wanna ruin them!

Jheri said...

Fun night with the fam...thanks for letting us keep Elle, she's a blast! Kaylee's down for that anytime:)
p.s. I want to come look at your boy shoes!

Unknown said...

i love fudds! their shakes are so yummy! how cool for your family! i can´t believe brad will be on his mission soon!!!

Alisse Baldwin said...

In Fattytown, one of our theme songs should be...

"Dip baby, Dip! C'mon now, Dip baby, Dip!"

"When I dip, you dip, WE dip!"

Missy said...

Fuddruckers is MY FAVORITE...I love me some grease and the best...THE DIPS. I load up my saucer things just like that and then I dip my Burger in them...it makes Mark sick, LOL! I hope you visit me soon on my blog, it misses you. Sounds like you need a GNO.

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe Brad and Drew are old enough to go through the temple and go on missions. That is crazy! That is a great experience for your family. And I love Fuddruckers, I would eat there every weekend if I had a choice!

angiedunn said...

Tender...I heart family events o' the Temple.

Fudds is a fave of our family as well. {Dunn side} The Dixon side kinda boycotts 'cause once my sister found a bandaid in her salad there...but don't worry...I still continue to be a faithful patron...because their burgers make me happy. Bandaid shmandaid. Ha!