Friday, February 22, 2008

3 Articles of Faith

FYI: for more interesting things about Ellie that will make you chuckle...
check out her blog! It is not private.
Ellie loves reading scriptures and praying. She also loves learning primary songs and the Articles Of Faith (these explains what our faith- Latter Day Saints- believe in). There are 13 Articles of Faith, and so far, Ellie has 3 down! I am very proud of her!
I filmed her doing the first three. She has 3 memorized, since she is "three"... but soon we'll have to learn 4.. or more!

A couple other (church) things that cracked me up:

1) I walked in on Elle "reading" The Book Of Mormon. : "And it came to pass that we believe in God the Eternal Father and in his son.......etc.!!!"

2) Ellie spent the night at Shalae's last week. The next day, Shalae told me that Ellie's prayer was interesting. I told her that I already know everything she says "help us have 2 babies, help us not buy junk"... ETC.

Shalae told me she said one that I didn't know of yet:

"Please bless that my mom so much will always like Sponge Bob."

I really don't like SB very much. There are some days that I ask her not to watch it that day. And she minds. BUT, I guess she really wants me to like SB "always"!

17 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

She seriously loves the word ALWAYS right now... and has for a long time! I'm so proud of her for knowing all 3 in what? One week?! I need to put my video of her SIGNING them!

The Tyler's said...

That is so amazing! I've been trying to work with Brody on them..It's not going so good.
Ellies haircut is so cute on her! But I know It's hard when you have your mind set on one thing and it turns out different. She can make anything look too die for!
BTW did you get my check? I'm in love with the cover! Why didn't I get one sooner?!!

kemra said...

Her hair is so cute! I just got Emma's cut on Friday - I haven't put up the pic's yet - they have similar cuts - kind of funny! She is so stinking cute!

Unknown said...

yeah ellie! i bet kali is proud also! (: and i love her hair cut! it looks so good on her!

youngsters said...

Ditto on the Sponge Bob. For some reason I have never liked that show. Ellie's hair looks cute short !! Gettin ready for summer !!

Jamie W. said...

She is seriously so cute. That is so awesome she knows the articles of faith. Love how she wants you to like spongebob. I too don't like that show, my kids have probably never seen it.

Did you cut Ellie's hair, it is so adorable short. : )

Unknown said...

I love Ellie's hair - I tried to style mine like her's today but it didn't turn as cute. Dang it!

Sparks Fam said...

I'm not a spongebob fan either. Carter used to start screaming if it came on but now I've got her trained to just turn off the TV. I'm impressed with Ellie's A of F! Holy cow! I better start working with Carter.

chris+amber said...

I got to witness Ellie signing the 1st Article of Faith on Saturday. She's a smartie! Way to go! I'm anti-SB too. Ha ha...

kali and kason said...

ellie is so cute and i love having her in my primary class! she is so smart and i can always count on her to answer the questions. she hasn't said the spongebob thing yet in class but the prayers in ctr 4 are very unique sometimes. there is never a dull moment in primary!

Julie Jan said...

Wow!! She is so smart and so stinkin adorable!! It shows how great of a mom you are!

Patterson Family said...

Yikes-am I supposed to be teaching my kids their articles of faith already? I feel like a terrible Mom,I doubt Cotter even knows what articles of faith are,but he definatly knows who Sponge Bob is! Way to go Ellie!

I Do Faces said...

Just stopped by to say I LOVE SHE'S GOT IT ALL!!!! I just started blogging again and I put a link on my page to your website!!!! I will be buying soo much cute stuff soon!!!
Have a good night!!
-Tasia

kemptons said...

Ellie looks super cute with her hair cut. I am so impressed with her articles of faith knowledge. What a smart girl!

Kasey said...

Elle's hair is adorable! She cute not be any cuter if she tried! I hope Kylee gets some hair one day so I can cut and style it! It's such a rat's nest every day!

Brittney Smith said...

Sooo cute. I need to work with Crew more. It's nice to have them memoriz when they are so interested. Way to go Ellie.

Amy said...

Thomas and I just watched Ellie's video and Thomas was like "is that my friend?" haha, too cute. She is so good. I don't think Thomas even knows what the articles of faith are...whoops! You're so on the ball, its awesome. Thats so amazing she's got 3 memorized already!! Ellie is a month older than he is! His b-day is in April. Yeah...don't think he'll have 4 memorized for being 4 yrs old! You're inspiring me though!