Sunday, February 17, 2008

Our Valentines Party 08

With decor as cute as this.....



YOU GOTTA THROW SOME TYPE OF PARTY!



Auburn asked Shalae to babysitt on Valentines night & since I had to coah until 7:00 anyway, we decided to have a party for the kids!


I babysat Rox Thursday morning. I made a necklace for Ellie, and also for Roxy since I had left over beads! Even though it didn't match Rox, she insisted on wearing it.


When Auburn came to pick up Roxy, I had her step in "the salon" (aka: my bathroom) to "PROM her up" for her date with her husband, Bryan. (I "dolled up" the 2 little girls, earlier.)


Lance loves sweets. He really loves a hot brownie with ice cream on top.

SO.....


(Yes, I am a little obsessed with cute cookie cutters right now)


Ellie had dance & gymnastics so we were trying to hurry and make BROWNIES in between everything.

As we were cooking, PrInCe ChaRmInG walked in.

Ballons for Ellie & pretty flowers for me. So sweet!


After the brownies were in the oven, Ellie enjoyed herself a bit!

When Shalae got off work, Noah brought Ellie her a special valentine. It was a heart shaped box that said "Best Friends" on it. It had 3 chocolates inside. The best part... Noah could not wait to show Ellie, but then he wanted to eat all the chocolates. Shalae & I were cracking up.


(FYI: These 2 were so super excited for Valentines Day to come. They kept drawing pictures for people & talking about this day for a couple weeks. It is sad now that we have to wait another year.)

That night, we finally got our party started!


PIZZA PARTY!!


The kids played a quick game of why they love ____.


It wasn't as fun as we wanted it to be, but it was still cute.


Ellie's paper that got passed around:


ON to the talent show!

We let each kid do 2 talents!

RIGGS rocked out to a song I didn't know, but Shalae laughed the whole time.


2nd talent was wrestling/fighting... (OF COURSE)

Noah (aka: Handsome Devil) showed us some flips & wrestled....

Jaxen has pure talent! He crossed his eyes for quite some time....

then he also showed us some tricks & sang.....

Ellie showed us some gymnastics tricks .....

and her RAIN DANCE she is learning at dance.... (can you tell she dressed herself?)


AND, last but not least, MISS ROXY showed us her forward rolls & some dance moves!
We ate more junk. (pretty junk that is)
Then the kids exchanged their Valentine cards.
I didn't take any good pics of the cards Ellie picked out. DANG!
We went to CVS & she saw a couple cards she really wanted to get them, so I let her. They were all that kind that when you moved them, the picture changed. (3-D?)
* Napolian (sp?) Dynamite dancing - Riggs & Jax.
* Dorthy tapping her ruby slippers together - NOAH.
(Ellie & Noah are obsessed with The Wizard of Oz.)
* The Lady & The Tramp Dogs eating spaghetti & it even played music when the card was opened. - Roxy.

Roxy totally loved it. It was adorable.



FUN TIMES!
I am so glad I have so many Valentines to share this HOLIDAY with!

6 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

Um, why wasn't I invited to this?! Such a cute idea, and such cute kiddos, if I do say so myself!

Missy said...

Seriously, BEST AUNT EVER! (aka best Sister too for babysitting/hairstyling on Vday) How fun. Do you want 5 more nieces and nephews?

Cummards said...

That is such a fun idea! You're so nice to do it too! Can I just say I LOVE Roxy's tights, and I want some like it. And if I remember right I think Ellie is sporting some silver tights in a picture, I'll take those too. And you can come on down and do my hair ANYTIME while I'm in AZ!

MichelleY said...

what a fun idea - cute decorations! We tried to have a semi party at the Jones, the only decor was a huge puch bowl filled with chocolate crap and a note next to it that said - "Get this out of my kitchen" Shellene G makes the best valentines!

Kelly said...

Looks like so much fun, I'll have to remember that for next year!!

Skousen Family! said...

you are the best Mommy,Wifey, and Aunt gosh I wish you were Graycee's Aunt! It looks like you guys had a fun night.