Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Crazy Week in January

My sister, Alisse had a birthday... so that sounds like an excuse to go out to me! Right?!!
We ate (slash- I pigged out) at Cheesecake Factory.
Shalae & I decided to walk around for some extra romance.
(You know how couples walk one in front/back of the other & they are hugging & trying to walk together...NOT that comfortable, I must say! Especially being shorter & walking in the back!)
Speaking of being tall....
Shalae was saving us seats for JUNO with Alisse. In Alisse's words:
"We had to get Shae a booster seat, seeing as how her height is clearly an issue."

Look at where her head is compared to the rest of us!

JUNO... I recommend it. I never go to movies, yet Lance & I just saw this with Brad & Jenny... (and the first time, Lance & I were dying laughing... yet I cried through the whole thing. Everytime Jennifer Garner would come on the screen. ...I felt like I could just relate to her so much! I love her - period.) The 2nd time I saw JUNO, I didn't cry, just laughed! I love this movie!

As tradition, we also celebrated with the whole family after our Sunday Dinner. Riggs & Alisse opened their gifts!

(Sorry to brag a bit)

A little somethin', somethin' I was working on for Alisse. (Matches her house!) I wanted to keep it...

Ellie told us earlier in the week that she wanted to go see the "BIG JESUS at the temple". Welp, turns out all of the Cummards had the same kinda plans for FHE. (to see the REFLECTIONS OF CHRIST) We didn't get to see the movie, yet. BUT, I really admire all that had any part to do with it. It is amazing!

After the temple, Grandma Cheryl made her yummy "cookie monsters".

We all oinked out!

TUESDAY, bright & early... Ellie had her 1st day of preschool at Grandma Cheryl's school. I haven't heard much from Cheryl, yet. ELLIE loved it & loved that her cousins went to school with her!

I am so busted.

(For any of you that are mad I added this, I am embarrassed for myself, too!)
YEARS AGO, while the Riggs family was at the FUN ZONE on Newport, we made a little video.

"GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN"!!!!!

Featuring: Aunt Alma, Fran & Maggie Garcia, my mom, cousins: Emily, Becky, Sheri, Amy, Krista, Erica, & me & all my sisters!!!

I have watched it about a million times, & I still die laughing every time I see it.

Here is a quick clip (like 20 seconds) of one of my favorite parts!!

My grandma & Aunt Alma have been wanting to make a NEW "updated" version with all of the little girls in the family. (All of our kids- who were dressed like 80's rock stars.)

Well, that finally happened.

Everyone met at my moms. Alma helped them learn some cute moves, etc.

MADNESS!

Look how cute:
(Ellie & Roxy kept holding hands, "so they wouldn't be nervous".)

Funny .... they were dancing THEN!!!
Right before the "Practice taping", Alma got a call from her family telling her that her son GOLDEN had been in an accident & was taken by ambulance to the hospital.

So, off Alma went. (Golden is now at home, & doing a lot better)

Here is a short video clip of our kids!

Ellie didn't do another move the ENTIRE song. I think she was posing incase anyone took pictures! The girls were so cute. Some of the Riggs girls were missing & some just chickened out at the last second!

Finally- PIZZA!

Ellie loved babying Noah as he took a nap the next day.

Thursday, we got a call that Grandma Riggs was having a hard time breathing & that the Ambulance was on the way to her house. Turns out she had another heart attack. They are still doing tests & trying to figure out all the ways to help her. We love her so much.
On Thursday, at gymnastics, Ellie won a MEDAL for being the STRONGEST in her class. (surprising!) She keeps randomly putting it on & wearing it around.
All of the kids had a contest to see who could hold their "chin-up" over the bar the longest. There could only be one winner. ELLIE took home the PRIZE!
She worked really hard at the bars this week. SO HARD, that she has bruises on each hip bone. (she bruises easy)
She has really improved & I can't believe she can do the things she does!
GO ELLE!!!
FOOTBALL anyone?
Saturday, Ellie & I went to see Riggs & Jax at their football game!
(I think they'd be happier if I didn't come cheer them on, anymore! Sorry guys.)



AND, can't forget Ellie's friend, RENEE'S party. She had a

"PARTY LIKE A ROCK STAR"

party. It was adorable. I love Renee & SO DOES ELLIE. Thanks for the invite.

This is Madison, I coach her. Ellie loves her, too.

Then there are these 2 crazy, fun girls (Gabbie & Cassandra- might look familiar form Extreme Home Makeover) They always chase Ellie around the gym & Ellie loves to tease them.

FUN PARTY- to bad Ellie was "SHY" the whole time! Whenever there are lots of people places, that Elle doesn't know, she is SO QUIET! Not like her, I know!

And last but not least....

What a GREAT, AMAZING PROPHET we lost today.

He has made such an impact on our church... & myself. I am grateful for all that I have learned from him. Our prayers are with his family. He will be greatly missed on the Earth.

Have a great week!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun little recap of the week. My favorite part was the picture of us walking together. J/K. I am so sad about President Hinkley but so happy at the same time that he is with his cute little wife right now. I love him and I think that most of our generation will always refer to him as the prophet they had "growing up".

P.S. Thanks for the comment on my blog.

The Tyler's said...

What a fun jam packed week! I'm seriously so jelous of all the fun stuff you do with your sisters!
I'm sorry about your Grandma. I hope she is doing better.
And that video was totally hilarius! I totally spotted you and Shalae out.

The Lake's said...

Hi its Chelsea, Greg's wife, I was just wanting to invite you guys to Abby's birthday party on Saturday the 2nd at 1pm I know that Greg had told Lance about it but I just wanted to let you know too we are going to have one of those bouncey things for the kids so I thought Ellie might want to come and its a disney princess theme. Okay I am rambling but I hope you guys can come Abby would love to see Ellie!

angiedunn said...

great post...your life is so eventful!! ellie continues to be the cutest girl ever.

um, and...juno=my fave. i loved it as well. i also love jennifer garner, as she reminds me of becky hamblin. "dream big!"

Anonymous said...

I am glad somebody likes the shoes like I do- I loved them but thought other people would think I looked like 4 years old or something! haha. I got them at Buckle and they have some others like them in difference colors/styles. And a 1/2 is 13.something mile run, it is pure crazy. I think I will die. Ellie is so cute- it is so cute that she is so girly! I need a girl so I can be girly with her! haha. I hope your gma feels better- Jess is wanting to get to babysit her on Friday mornings still! And it was the worst news I had heard all day about Pres. Hinkley, at least he is with his sweet wife now- he is much happier there.

Alisse Baldwin said...

Still DYING at the Fun Zone video- Krista is the BEST! "I wanna be the one to walk in the SUN..." LOL!

kemra said...

Looks like you had a fun week/busy week! I love Ellie's little dance moves - they were so cute!

I have to tell you that i got all my shelves to go by my big clock - pretty excited about it. I'm going to try and hang them myself - but if I can't figure out how to make it look good, I will be calling you! Sorry that I'm so stupid when it comes to this kind of stuff! I really appreciate your help!

Tiffany said...

haha, i was laughing out loud seeing Krista's moves....somethings never change, I think she can still just dance about the same!! Jk Kris, I think you are the BEST dancer ever. I am just wondering why you didnt have her help out teaching the kids some dance moves?! Sorry to hear about Grandma Riggs, she is the sweetest lady ever. You girls are always having a good time!

See it Try it Love it said...

Wow you are one busy gal, and props to you for blogging it all and taking pics, I am greatly lacking right now. I love the GJWHF video, I also did one while I was at EAC, which I have on tape and Jack loves it. we should watch them together. That is awful about your Grammy I hope she is doing better. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. We need to hang out. WEe should go to the Zoo. Miss you tons.

Unknown said...

looks like you have been super busy {as usual}! the old video was hilarious! mary will be so proud of the new one too! i can't wait for her to show it to me when i get back! jessica & my mom told me about her heart attack. so first she was going to come home after a couple days, then they kept her there longer? is she home now? i need to call her! i love her so much too! i hope she & golden are both doing LOTS better!

Hollin said...

My goodness. When I read your blog I feel like I live the most boring life, but at the same time I'm constantly busy...Not sure how to figure that one out?? You are so talented, I keep hearing all the things you do, just how many jobs do you have??????