Monday, September 22, 2008

HP Women's Retreat 2008

.... It started with something that sounded like some DOGS HOWLING! ...

This past weekend we {the best ward ever.. plus Shalae & Mary} had our 2nd annual WOMEN'S RETREAT.

This year it was in Clay Springs, Az. The place we stayed at use to be an old church. (very large)
The tour inside was interesting... so you know I took some pics to share!

Here's a couple shots of the "innocent decor":

(antiques, flags, nautical, Raggidy Anne, lighthouses & lots of SUNFLOWERS)

Then there were some rooms that must've been decorated by some men!:
And I made sure to not leave out the following rooms with animals, axes, weapons, etc.!

Once again.. a man must've been incharge of these rooms. It would've definately been a nightmare for any

"FENG SHUI EXPERT"!

(which is not me... I'm just stating the obvious)

(I just wanted to share some of the spacious cabin.)

The cabin was so large! It was amazing! My mom wants to rent it for our whole family to stay in... and if we do, there will definetly be some games such as HIDE & GO SEEK or SARDINES!


................................ anywho............................


After a delicious dinner (of fry bread & scones) we split into 3 groups and had a treasure hunt!


We had to find a bunch of small boxes that the presidency hid earlier. In the boxes were pieces to a map. Each map told you were your treasure box was! Our TREASURE was found in {what use to be} the baptismal font (sp?)!
Our treasure had lots of candy! (.. mostly gold candy..)
I think this groups treasure had our journals that we received the next day.
This groups treasure had a ball, jump rope, and some other fun active stuff that we did as kids. (sorry these pics are so blurry)

The theme of the retreat was

HIDDEN TREASURES FOR HAPPINESS...

PAST, PRESENT, and FUTURE!

Everyone had a blast hanging out....

playing group ping pong,

(of course we always have entertainment with some particular ladies in the ward)
playing Mother may I?, (like we did in the past)

playing jump rope, (of course we sang the jump rope songs like elementary kids..... and some of us can not jump like we use to since we've had kids- ha ha)

played Jacks, (was a first for me)played Four Square, (wow, this was so fun... most of us will be taping off 4 squares in our driveways... and out came all the prom dresses- ha ha) The cabin had a bunch of old fancy dresses, which made for lots of laughs!
The games went all night - including cards & dominos.

We all missed being kids that night, but felt so young again as we played.

...................

OH!! There was a 2nd basement that was being worked on.

SPOOKY!

If you watch Desperate Housewives- you know what kind of basement I am talking about! There was a warning on the door about the drop off!

Some girls got brave & walked down there on Friday night... only problem, Mary went with them & scared them so bad.. all we heard were loud girl screams from up stairs.
On Saturday night our great cooks made a delish breakfast! (of course I over ate)

After breakfast, we had a GREAT SPEAKER come. She made us these awesome journals! I loved everything that she said & can't wait to write more in my new journal.
Here were just a few of my favorite things:
* Learning from the past - on a few pages were some different things to write about.
One page said
DRAW:
and #1 was "your house that you grew up in". Since I am such an artist (oh wait...no I'm not at all), but it was so fun. She gave us about 1 - 2 minutes. Then she said to go thru and put #s next to place that you can remember a memory. After that she had us pick just one.... and for 4 minutes write about that memory of your house.
I wrote about OUR GARAGE... why?
Cause that was where I found my favorite Christmas present ever as a child.
MY DOG Marjerle.
I don't think that I have ever written that great memory before & I love the story.
* Prepare for the Future - list 100 things that you want to accompish in this lifetime!
(I am thinking!!!)
* Live in the Present - write about what makes you happy today & counting your blessing!
Anyway, I just loved it!
Everyone cleaned up & packed a lunch to go. (..well at least almost everyone..)
THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL OF THOSE THAT WORKED SO HARD FOR OUR ENJOYMENT! IT WAS A GREAT WEEKEND!
Group shot of those that didn't leave early:

There were some rebels that took a detour thru the Salt River just to enjoy some fatty town:
We had so much fun... from the second we left our homes, until we arrived home!
.... and it ended with something that sounded like some DOGS HOWLING! ...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Dogs howling is right!! I loved this weekend. Part of me wishes I was still in Harmony Park ward! Anyone up for taking a CHEAP girl's trip... let's rent this cabin and do it!! The only problem is that my cell phone doesn't get service there... ha ha!

Lisa said...

Wow!!! I wish I could of come. Looks like you guys had a blast. My ward here would never do anything like that. Though maybe its because half of them are great grandmas and are on oxygen tanks:)

Announcements By Ashlee's said...

Check out our NEW blog....

We are offering discounts on holiday cards! Custom design starting at $30 for 25 cards w/envelopes!

We also offer wedding and all occasion invitations, business cards and door to door flyer distribution.

Lori Taylor said...

I was hoping someone would post some pictures of the fun retreat. Thanks for sharing!

Malinda said...

Hey I found your blog. I just wanted to leave you a message and let you know that you are such an awesome coach! We really wish you still coached Rockwell's class. He loves you! Everytime he sees you he talks about how much fun he had in your class. He still says you are his coach.

email me at malinda03@gmail.com to view our blog.

Carroll Family said...

This looks SOOOO fun!!! Wow - I can't even imagine how much work that would be - but so worth the fun!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Majerle would be proud.

Unknown said...

i {heart} hp! for reals. i miss it so much! the ladies in our ward are the BEST!!! they are all so fun & talented, it's amazing! thanks for posting the pics!