Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Emergency 9-1-1

On Tuesday night, Ellie & I were so excited to make some of "Ellie's Oven Fry's".
(Family Fun this month)
As I was cutting the raw potatoes {& sweet potatoes-yum}, I sliced my finger. Not a very big cut, but it would not stop bleeding.
As I was holding it tight with a paper towel, I asked Ellie:
"Ellie, can you go and tell dad to get me a band-aid?"
(If she got it herself, she would've brought me a pricess or SpongeBob band-aid)
My dad was in the kitchen kind of laughing & mocking me, so he said:
"Hurry Ellie, run and
call 9-1-1.
It's an emergency, your mom is bleeding!!"
I told my dad:
"Don't give her any ideas, she probably would."
(Sidenote: Ellie knows my cell phone # and likes to go in the other room and call me. Shes into memorizing & also using the phone.)
I now remember passing Ellie as I walked in the bedroom to get a band-aid... I can picture telling her:
"Hang up the phone, Ellie."
I thought that she was trying to call me or Lances cell phone..?..
ANYWAY -
The phone was ringing & I was in the back of the house... so I never answered.
Since my mom wasn't home, nobody answered the phone. (as usual)
It started ringing again.
Finally my dad answered the call from "the city of Mesa".
Then, my dad came in to me {chuckling}:
"You better answer the door when the police show up and explain why your daughter called them."


So, about 20 - 30 minutes later we hear a
Knock, knock..

Sure enough! Ellie called the police.

It was luckily a neighbor/ward member, Officer Aaron Raine.

Ellie was hiding, cause she thought she was in trouble.
Lance & I helped her talk to him. Officer Raine was so sweet to Elllie.
(Of course, I blamed my dad- completely!)
Officer Raine told her to walk outside with him to come check out his car! So, she did - well.. she didn't really walk! Instead she did her kick- step, kick-step 1/2 the way to the car. ha ha



Officer Raine told us that somebody would've been there sooner, but ... they kinda knew it was an accident call.
He talked to us for a couple minutes and told us that it was good practice for Ellie & he told us a story about how it has happened at his own house in the past, too.
(I could sit & listen to him tell stories about his job for hours.)

He let Ellie sit in the drivers seat & told her what buttons she could push.
1st the lights..
and then the SIREN!

So, hopefully she doesn't think she can call him again to play with his car...
and hopefully she never has to call 9-1-1......
BUT, if she does-

she is prepared.

Thanks Officer Raine!

9 comments:

jewly said...

Well, at least you know she listens and can call the police if there is a real emergency. That is cool that he let her play in the car and push buttons.

MichelleY said...

But...is your finger ok? Griffen called the police at Jones house a few months ago, and my dad made us sit on the front porch to wait for the police officer. ANYWAYS...Aaron and I both work on Saturdays so the retreat is a no go and Griffen is still sick, but it would be fun. Oh and I would love to work at Habit but my clientele isn't big enough yet- but you could always put in the good word for me there or with anyone you know that needs their hair done wink!

Raine said...

I'm just curious- how do you say the officers last name? Rain-E or rain?? Just thought it was cool that our names are spelled the same. I always tell my parents that they should have spelled mine Rainie instead of Raine.

The Garlocks.... said...

Sure hope your finger is okay! That is a cute story! I swear my dad says things then my kids go and do them... I must be a grandpa thing! So, any word about the job for Lance? Troy totally says that is right up Lances alley! Looks like you guys have a lot of fun together with your family!! NOah is a darling little boy! He seems a lot more advanced than Parker and they're just days apart!

Melinda said...

That is so funny! I love the picture of her skipping to the police car!

Carroll Family said...

BEEN THERE!!! BTW - don't program it into the speedial function!

Jheri said...

That is hilarious!!! That girl cracks me up!!!

manders said...

Ellie is amazing. And Sam is busted.

Kae Lynn said...

Suzanne that is SO FUNNY...lol!! Ellie is so cute!
Kae Lynn