Saturday, October 20, 2007

Syd is 28 again?

You say it's your birthday......da nananana....

Well, this time it is Syd's big birthday shout out. Syd is Lance's oldest brother, Davy's wife.
(I copied some pics from other blogs).


Happy 28th? SYD!!!

Here are some lovely things about Syd:
*Syd is totally into sports. This is no act. When we play the name game, they guys always know that Syd will guess all of the sports players names. {I love watching football, basketball, baseball... but Syd really knows what is going on.} LUCKY for Davy.

* Syd is an athlete... she cheered and played sports (volleyball?) in high school. In the last couple years, she ran/biked/swam a TRIATHLON. Are ya kidding me? I could never. Plus, I think she is training again & planning on doing her second soon! * Speaking of high school... meet her high school sweet heart... DAVID CUMMARD JR.! They are still going strong and now have 5 kids. They have regular date nights which are usually at least a couple nights a week... yep, they are still in love.

* Here is their {not so little} family... MINUS one... miss Sally. (This was taken outside of the Newport temple.) Syd is always busy with her church calling & I am sure that the kids (and adults) are so thankful for her & her hard work.

* Syd's family is so important to her, from her husband, kids, her own sisters, parents, in-laws, ETC.!!

(*Oh, here is little Miss Sally. She is Syd's youngest. Isn't she so adorable?)* When it comes to a bargain, Syd has already taken advantage. She is THE Coupon Queen, and she knows all of the deals. Lance & I are always lifting our ears when she talks about "the best deal right now at ----". She knows how to save those pennies, although she doesn't really need to. *wink!
* Syd loves the beach. (of course who doesn't??) Syd's family has helped all of the Cummards make a traditional NB trip almost every year. Her & Davy get all of the details figured out thru the owners of the house.. and all that messy stuff. I am so grateful for their help, because even though we already have a tab with them, they help us out all of the time in so many ways. They have no idea how much I really have appreciated their help over the years. I get emotional just thinking about it. {Thanks!!!}


* Sweets anyone? We all had to go try out SPRINKLES, since it was all over the t.v. and all the stars were in love with it. We went here my last few hours of being in Newport this last August & all of us had a blast. (Where was our mother in-law??)

* People work for US Magazine, Us Weekly, etc. because SYD keeps them in business! *WINK.

She loves STAR STALKING. She always knows who is who, what is going on in their lives & all that good stuff.

Syd & I about died when we were shopping at "The Groves" in LA & saw (my favorite) BACHELOR... CHARLIE!!! We were both a little embarrassed, but Syd at least talked to him normal for a minute. I just kept blushing...

* The Cummards spend a lot of time together. We are a very close family & we always know what is going on in each others lives. Syd has been there for me thru some really hard times. I am so glad I had her to call or stop by to help me out.


Thanks again Syd, for all that you do.

I hope you have a ROCKIN BIRTHDAY!!!

8 comments:

Sue said...

Suzy...I met your sis-in-law Syd this past summer when I took my grandkids to Taylor pool for swim team, and she was there with her kids, plus her newborn baby...and what started our conversation, is I asked her if her baby carrier cover was from "She Got's It All"... she is a sweet person -- I know all your sister-in-laws but the one in Utah...Summer Jones....I was surprised was your sister-in-law (I also met up with her again this summer at Taylor pool), because my husband has known her ever since she was a young girl....What a small world we live in....and to know all your sister-in-laws went to Mesa High....I don't think anyone can make that claim!!

Anonymous said...

Ahh Suz, You made my day. You better be going to lunch!!!! I Love Charlie forever!!!!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Does Syd have a blog???

Anonymous said...

I knew Crystal and Sarah have one.. and doesn't Kanoe have one that's private or something? Does Syd have one that's private?

Katie Peterson said...

Happy Birthday Syd....she sounds like an awesome girl, it must be a Worthen thing. I think we would get along great...I love finding great deals, too!

Missy said...

Sheesh....Birthday Central for you, you are so nice to pay tribute to everyone.

Suzy Cummard said...

Sue, You are funny. I don't know how/where to respond to you.
Yes, everyone in my family & in Lances family came from MHS!! It is a qualification! *wink

You know Sarah or Summer?
Summer lives near Taylor, and Sarah was Bubba Mabrys younger sister who married Lances youngest brother, LEE, & they live in Utah.

Fun to hear from you!!

Sue said...

Sarah is the only one I don't know...And Summer Jones Cummard, is the one that my husband has known since she was quite young..she use to be the parts runner for RPC, Plumbing, besides the full-time nanny for the Talbots, so he knows her from those days! I type like I talk...and it never makes sense to anyone!! Now, I am sure that doesn't surprise you. I think all your sister-in-laws are lucky to have you as a sister-in-law...you pay such sweet tributes to them - I bet it is a blast when you all get together!!