Monday, October 1, 2007

Birthdays Over The Years...

How I've spent some birthdays over the years:
I love looking at the people in the background.
Who do you recognize?....
Above: I spot my Aunt Alma Goodman and her son Griffin, and Uncle Rusty Riggs.
Candace Westergard, cousins Amy Palmer & Sonny Goodman, Erin & Quinlyn Hatch, Andrea Mosier, (and Mr. CAMO) Neil Garcia.

My favorite Cabbage Patch Doll... BUD JUD.

My B-day was always around "Lil' Bunnies", which I loved doing... alot of time I got to PERFORM on my B-Day.. (check the date)!
I am not sure who this Bunnie was, but I wish it was someone I knew..
(like Syd, Maggie, one of the Ballards, or my cousin Sheri.. but it's not. THAT year I was too young for it to be one of them... right??)
Ears Pierced.
Time to laugh. My hair is adorable, I know... all of the neighborhood had rockin' styles of hair & clothes. Who do you recognize?
My cuz Erica Riggs, Amy Owens, Lindsay Ballard, Holly & Amy Hamblin, Michelle Garner, Chelsie Westergard..
GROUP SHOT!!!
I love looking back at us, I can still remember that party a little.

From left to right..

Front row: ME, Holly Hamblin, Quinlyn Hatch, Jenny Jarvis, michelle Garner, my cousins Krista Goodman & Amy Palmer, AND Amber Romney.

Middle & back row: Cousin Erica Riggs, CAndace Westergard, Holly Hamblin, Shalae, Alisse (kinda hidden), Amy Oewens, Chelsie Westergard, Auburn, Amanda Romney, Jessica Snow, Joanne ?, and Lindsay Ballard!!

TROLL PARTY!! We were all into collecting them & wasting all of our money.

Asleep with the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK PILLOW is Jenny Jarvis, on the floor is Holly Hamblin, cuz Krista Goodman, and Candace, and awake on the couch is Kimberly Galati.

8th Grade PARTY!!


I spot a few good ones,( plus I can tell from the back who people were).. Michelle Garner, Holly Hamblin, Carley Cotter, Eva St. Arnold, Angie Wendt, Blaire Salkowski, Britney Riggs, Kim Galati, Miki Harmon, Brooke Higgins, Vanessa Clark, Candace Westergard, Chelsie Westergard, Lizzy Decker, Kim Shelly, Todd Sarger...

B, BJ, BJH... GO BOBCATS!!

In 9th grade my b-day was game day.. WEDNESDAY.

JV games were played on Thursdays,

and of course Fridays were VARSITY games...

add it up... I spent lots of B-days CHEERING on game day!!

P.S. Those flowers were from my parents or church leaders... NO, not a boy.

Eva, Holly, Kim, me, Candace , and Cindy... BUT LOOK CLOSER & you'll spot some HOT managers.. Vanessa, Brittney Poulsen & even closer Miki (doing alot by the way, HA HA)... Good thing we didn't believe that John Beck would go far!!

SKIP A FEW YEARS....

Ahh, this was one of the best presents EVER!! On my B-day I got to see a picture of my HEALTHY baby & also found out I was having a GIRL!! The lady doing the ultra sound was so cute to add some text to Ellie's mouth!!


Me & Ellie when she was 1 1/2 :

At 2 1/2 :

At 3 1/2 : (THIS YEAR!!)

So, I not only had a BirthDAY... I had a Birth WEEK.
It started the Sunday before my b-day, my side had Sunday dinner & gave me gifts..
Then on Tuesday I was spoiled with such nice blog notes (Thanks to all my sisters & SIL) and I went to lunch at Oregano's with my mom, sisters, G-Ma Riggs & her sister Ruthie, Aunt Alma, & cuz Krista. SO FUN!! Thanks girls!!

FUN gifts from my side of the family!!

Hilarious card from all the "STAFF" at She's Got It All!
HA HA SHALAE!!!
Sweetness from neighbors, friends & some other family....
{AND people I really MISS!!}

When it was time to eat dinner, Lance started feeling sick, so Shalae & I enjoyed a ROMANTIC night out at GECKO GRILL!!!.. with the kiddos!

LATER, when Lance felt a little better, Shalae let Ellie spend the night & so Lance & I decided to go to HARKINS at 10:20 at night, since I'd be free!!... When we went to buy our tickets my husband announced LOUD & PROUD :

"It's My WIFE'S B-DAY!!"

The man working just kept looking at him so Lance asked "Isn't she FREE?" ...

Worker: "Umm, NO! We haven't done that for like 2 years. BUT, you can get a free small popcorn."

So of course Lance was like "We are getting popcorn even if it is 10:30 at night, cause it's FREE!!"

So he had to repeat his loud & proud comment again while getting FREE POPCORN!

(In the picture below he is still being a nerd with his L & P comment.. I love him, though.)

On a Tuesday night, at 10:20 there are not too many people in a theatre.... so we decided to "make out"...

Just kidding!!

Lance decided to sleep, but I am quite the night owl.

These gifts were all from my NERDY, but so OH - SO THOUGHTFUL husband. Thanks babe, I love it all. He is so cute. (Target had a jack pot for him with accessories about The Office in the DOLLAR section.)

On Saturday night this really ATTRACTIVE guy took me to SAUTEE (sp?) (plus Shalae & Noah & Ellie joined us). Alls I gotts ta say is "I am CHUBBY"!! Thanks again, Lance! WELP. then Crystal planned a little lunch date with the Cummard girls on Saturday.

YUM, I love BAJIO!! Thanks ladies.

(Missed ya Syd & Sarah, but at least Syd got to join in after The Womans Broadcast when her, Summer, Brenda, Cheryl & I pigged out at Matta's. NOT for my B-DAy, at least!!.. Sarah, when are we going out when you come down?)

The awesome gifts from the Cummards. CUTE , CUTE!!!!

Thanks everyone who let me feel like I am worth a week celebration!!

*Wink Wink!!

26 comments:

Kasey said...

Girl! You made out like a bandit! And I do know Lance so I'm sure you two did make-out! LOL! That's okay though, you're married. Gald you had a fabulous week. I love birthdays.

Unknown said...

I can't believe I made it on your blog.:P But I do remember that birthday party. So fun! I love seeing how good you are doing. Your business, your cute family, I bet you are an awesome mom. Happy Birthday! You do deserve a week long celebration! :)

Alisse Baldwin said...

P.S.- Your blog posts are just like you- you have to get everything in you want to say and can't leave out anything, even if it takes forever to finish! haha, I love it.

You and Elles every year on Sept 25th is so cute! I'll have to keep it as a tradition.

Trolls are the bomb dot net!

Go Bobcats.

K, you were totally popular! Look how many kids were at your parties- in 4th grade AND 8th grade!

Don't lie, you and Lance totally made-out, huh? ;)

I'm glad you got an iPod speaker- that was something I wanted to get you, but couldn't fit in the budget with the other stuff. Can I have my old one back? I'm going to try to get it fixed.

I always like your b-day because I know Christmas is only 3 FREAKIN' MONTHS AWAY!

Alisse Baldwin said...

I win for the longest comment EVAH!

Cummards said...

I would have loved to come to your bday lunch, because I love Bajio and Lee never wants to go there. Of course it would have been fun to celebrate your b day too! Lee and I were hoping to go out Saturday after priesthood because on Friday night we are going out to dinner for my Dad's bday. They never really did anything for him for his bday because my Mom was planning a suprise party this weekend, but then it ended up being conference and all his friends and family were going to be out of town. So it became pointless, but we are still coming down anyways. So that's why we're going out to dinner. So we were hoping Saturday after Priesthood session we could all go out, but we will have to see what works with everyone's schedule. We leave Monday morning.

Lindsays hair looks red because we took that through our car window and the flash went weird. Lee isnt as skilled with the camera as I am. It really was the nasty bleach blonde color its been for a while.

AND I want you to point out Blaire for me in that picture, thats too funny!

Cummards said...

YES! I beat allise for longest comment, that was my goal!

Cummards said...

i mean ALISE, Im nursing, kept my finger in the 'l' a little long!

Sparks Fam said...

I think my favorite is the troll party! Look at how many of those freakish little creatures are lined up! Ha, ha...we loved 'em!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Sarah STILL didn't get it right.. haha! But you don't spell it son, you eat it!

the cummard family said...

That is my FAVORITE waiter at Gecko, he is the best! Oh and Ellie looks JUST like you when you were little. When people said she was your twin, I didn't really think so, but now I'm more than convinced. Glad you had a good b-week!

Kim said...

I am so glad that I was not facing forward in your 8th grade party. I did know it was me from the back. That was so much fun to see those old pictures. Looks like you had a great birthday!

•stephanie• said...

if you didn't have a happy birthday, i'd say it's YOUR OWN FAULT. wow! everyone loves suzanne. mostly because you're so fun to be around and a total crackup. before i saw the trampoline picture, i totally recognized the back of amber in the previous photo, from the huge yellow bow. some things you never forget! i was helping peggy sew some costumes today and we were reminiscing about all the crazy things we have made together - aka lots of tshirts painted with credit cards and speckled paint. those were the days. happy birthday again!

Kim said...

Whatever happened to Brittney Riggs. That was her name right?

kemptons said...

What is the deal with memory lane. You could have at least warned me about the whole New Kids on the Block picture. How embarrassing... seriously though it was fun to see those pictures. It brought back a lot of good memories that I had completely forgotten. I can't believe I was cool enough to get invited to your birthday parties. My self esteem just shot way up. Thank you Suzanne. And HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

Auburn said...

You and Shalae and your trolls! You were lucky that there was like a million girls your age that grew up in the ward! It was always a party!

MichelleY said...

Atleast the younger years pics of me are a little more attractive than the lake trip/mutual aged ones from before. Thanks for always being so fun and obviously for having the best parties in the neighborhood :) Haapy Birthday if you didn't read that I told you before.

Katie Peterson said...

Happy Belated!!!! Love looking at all the olds posts & what a good sport Lance is to take pics in the movie theater with you....& you know you were really making out! And could you get any more photogenic?? You are making us not so photogenic girls look bad! ;-)

Ginger John said...

Sounds like a great birthday week. I love your new Pink striped bowls so cute! :) Happy Belated Bday!!

kemra said...

I'm glad you had a great b-day week! I love birthdays! Love the 80's pictures too - I had some awful flashbacks about my hair then - not like it's much better now!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh Suzanne, how ironic is it that the first time I find your blog you post pictures of old harmony park/53rd ward??? Wow. You know what? I remember that birthday party too, I got wax lips in my goodie bag, and I wore them out because I thought they tasted yummy.
And your daughter looks just like a mini-Suzanne. How fun is that?

Kelly said...

Hey, I was so excited to see a comment from you!! Your daughter is adorable! You look like you are doing great! Congrats on the store and I wish I was going to be home that weekend to come to your open house but we are going to Disneyland. Tell Alisse I said hi.

Missy said...

Your Birthday was the BOMB! Mine usually suck. Can I be adopted...soon? I loved your memory lane Birthdays. You were the cutest little girl...I can totally see Ellie in you.

FYI: 45th Ward kicks Harmony Park Ward's Butt...anyday!!! (he,he)

That was a fun post too, I especially like the little girl in your class...I think her name is Kaylee Glover...not sure!

Alisse Baldwin said...

I put this on my blog, not sure why. But, it's a comment to your comment:

I'm saying 4 years now because Scott wants to get a Masters Degree, and I'd have to provide the sole source of income for that year and a half. So, 2 years until we get our degrees + 1 1/2 years for his Masters = 4 years until a child comes into the world. Or longer- because knowing Sherwood female organs, I won't get pregnant right away. And I pwobably SHOULD wait LONGER until we actually have a good income. That was a depressing comment, huh?

Alisse Baldwin said...

Scott just read what I wrote and goes, "Not to be Debbie Downer, but my Masters Program will probably be at least 2 YEARS."

Ur-Ur. :(

Let's hope yours doesn't take that long. Keep asking Jesus. -GS

Melis said...

What a fun post! I loved seeing all the pics from back in the day! And I love how you point out all those in the background! Too fun!

Cindy Spratling said...

Man, I miss those BJH days when I was a toothpick. That was such a fun year. The awkward Junior High phase was finally starting to end. You are so beautiful, by the way. What a fun post.