Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Name that MOVIE

Here are some lines from one of my favorite movies, ever since I was young. I can remember rewinding it so many times & laughing with my family, or the Westergards and Romneys. (Even in high school with some friends...)

If you have seen it, you know how hillarious every child is in it.
ANY GUESSES ????

Some of my favorite parts:


The mans question:
"If you weren't a MORMON, what would you be?"

One childs answer:
"A Mexican" (he was one)


Q: "How did we get here to this Earth?"
A: "We drived a car!"


Q: "Who is Joseph Smith?"
A: "I don't know."
Q: " Who is Jesus?"
A: "I don't know."
Q: "Who is Heavenly Father?"
A: "I don't know."
Q: "Who taught you all of this?"
A: "My dad."


Q: "What does fasting do for you?"
A: "It just makes me HUNGRY!!"


Q: "Do you want to go on a mission?"
A: "I'll go if my mom goes with me."


Q: "Where do you want to go (on your mission)?"
A: "To DiSnEyLaNd!!"


JUST a RANDOM child singing:
"I hope they call me on a mission, & then they called me on a MISSION, & then they called me on a MISSHHH-IONNNNN naah, naaah."
(The next answer is the best!!! She looks a bit like the short one in th picture below...)

Q: "Who's the Devil?"
A: "OH!!! You know that song? When Pebbles was a baby, baby, baby, when Pebbles was a baby, she used to go like this ... WAA...
When Pebbles was a school girl, school girl, school girl, when Pebbles was a school girl, she use to go like this ... Here's my paper teacher...
I don't remember the rest..."
Q: "What does that have to do with the devil?"
A: {most confused face you have EVER seen} "I DON'T KNOW!!"


Q: "What does the President of the Church do?"
A: "He washes the floor, & takes care of the church, he cleans the floor & then he goes home."


Q: "Have you ever seen God?"
A: "No."
Q: "Do you know anyone that has?
A: "No."
Q: "Then how do you know He's alive?"
A: "Because He sent us."


Q: "Why do you think they want us to get married in the temple so bad?"
A: "It's a place, like it's nice & cleaner than the church. ... I'm not saying the church is dirty or anything."


Q: "Is eating candy against the word of wisdom?"
A: "No, but it's good for girls and it's bad for boys."

16 comments:

Melis said...

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! It's been years since I've watched it... gonna have to bust it out! Thanks for making me smile!

Jenny Grover said...

You nerd! I remember watching that movie at your house and you rolling on the ground. I think it was your b-day party! Do u remember that?

Amy said...

I love this movie also! And it makes me laugh everytime! Hey I need to get your phone number because a client wants to call you to help her with some furniture for her kids rooms. So call me so I can give her your info!

MichelleY said...

You movie star you - why did you never tell us you were featured in that movie? Did you guys bust that out at HP this week - OR - do you have it at home in the VCR ready to go? Have fun this weekend with Shellene G - she is pumped!

Katie Peterson said...

I remeber that movie!!! I think we had a big pom/cheer sleep over at your house & we all watched it. The most funniest part of the movie was when the little girl was singing the pebbles song! i thik we watched that part over & over. Have you let Ellie watch it?

Alisse Baldwin said...

Ok- WOW! You chose that movie for your cheer/pom sleepover and your b-day party?? People probably thought you were the BIGGEST nerd! (which you are, btw)

At first when you said watching it over and over with Candace, I thought were going to say "Grease." We loved rewinding it again and again at the one certain part!

chris+amber said...

HELLO, Ellie is Suzy Pt. II, except her hair isn't as blonde. SO CUTE! I love that pic of you & your sisters. I loved reading your LV post. I busted out laughing at certain parts.

Tiffany Applegate said...

Okay I finally updated my blog!

I love the post. and I just read all about the vegas trip. Ya I totally wanted to go. Looks like you are famous.

Love the movie post. That movie cracks me up I think preston would have some of the same answers. So when is our next SMNO. Let us know the details or not. Big gulps huh!
Welp see ya later!

Tiffany Applegate said...

Okay I finally updated my blog!

I love the post. and I just read all about the vegas trip. Ya I totally wanted to go. Looks like you are famous.

Love the movie post. That movie cracks me up I think preston would have some of the same answers. So when is our next SMNO. Let us know the details or not. Big gulps huh!
Welp see ya later!

Alisse Baldwin said...

LOL LOL LOL to Ellie's new saying: "Thanks Mom, your hair is long too." Seriously, I am at work and about to pee my pants and laughing out loud in my cubicle. Nope, didn't say the 'other' word.

kemra said...

I haven't seen that movie since....probably freshman year in seminary! It is a classic! Ellie looks a lot like you too! Oh! I had an idea. We should go around at the next potluck and ask the kids the same questions. I wonder what they would say...all I know is that Emma would makes some reference to Cinderella!

Marley Girls said...

From the mouth of babes! LOL we used to watch that show at Hillary's house in high school...she did a good job at imitating the little boy who talked about the sacrament..ask her to do it next time you see her! LOL

Suzy Cummard said...

YES, Mouth of Babes is the bomb.
I just introduced Ellie & Noah to it this week & Ellie keeps asking me to quote certain parts & asking if she can watch "her church video" again!!
I used this video for lots of "devotionals" in Seminary, so...

uhhhhh, Alisse, I am a HUGE nerd! I love it.

Jenny & Katie- of course I remember those good times. There are plenty of people that don't blog that would say pretty much
the same thing....

KEMRA- Weren't we in th same seminary class?? That could've been my devotional! HA HA
(Love Bro. W.???)

Michelle- No, I didn't show that video to my Primary class.. I am not allowed unless we do it after church or someething. TOO BAD!! As for this weekend.. CAN'T WAIT!!

Jules- I think I know exactly what you are saying.. I can picture Hillary her doing something... Was it: "Still, very very STILL." or "Incase we hungry.. the bread is like just bread & the water is like milk." Is it one of those?

Mikelle said...

I always think of YOU, every time that movie is ever mentioned. PLEASE tell me you listed all of that from memory, that would make you so smart and cool(I think that anyway:)

amberbuck said...

I feel so left out because I have no idea what movie your talking about. Is it something like "out of the mouth of babes" or something? You gotta fill me in. I love the pics at PPP. Too bad Maggie thinks i have "coins" coming out of my ears. She's not creative enough to have fun without money. Don't know who she gets that from.....seriously.

The Wilkins' said...

Hillary has that show memorized! I dated a guy on that too - I just can't remember which line was his. Hillary would know! :)