Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

This is my dad, (Sam Sherwood) with my mom & all their grandkids
Here are a couple things to know about him!
He is a great dad. He is a very hard worker & is probably the most organized person ever. If you know him even a little bit, you know this! He never stops. He is a "work-a-holic"!! (In every meaning of the word.) He loves toys, esp. for the water or dirt. He is very spiritual. He loves music... & has a good voice. My dad is so obsessed with fishing, I do not even know how to estimate how many times a month he goes. (Around here, Powell, or Mexico.) Sam is a cowboy at heart, due to the way he was raised. He's also a plumber! He is very forgiving, which is so important. My dad is a bit cheap, but he thinks very hard before making a large purchase. (What, like 7-9 months before my parents finally bought their last car... RESEARCHING!!??) Sam is a fun grandpa, or should I say POPPI! He is a wonderful husband. He is always surprising my mom...ALWAYS! He is constantly thinking up what nice thing to do next.
Thanks dad for all that you do for me & my family. WE appreciate you and love you!
(Below is a picture of my dad from earlier this week. He had knee surgery, & just earlier today my daughter hit him really hard right on that knee! I am so so so sorry. So is Elle.)


This is my husband, LANCE. Ellie thinks he is the best thing on the earth. (He is!) Lance is the best dad & husband. I gave him a shout out last month for his birthday. (If you want to get to know a couple things about him, see MAY!) Above is a picture of Lance & his PRINCESS Ellie on his very first Father's Day! Below is a picture of him & Ellie (wearing on of my old tank tops) painting our "home". Lance is such a hard worker & always giving service. He is constantly doing things for others that will not even know it was him! I love that about him.
BELOW: He knew this would come back to bite him!!! wink.
I walked in the door a couple weeks ago, to find this!!! (Thanks LEE) I just stopped, & he kept acting normal.... after a few seconds he started laughing. I grabbed my camera & he acted like he did not care.
This was a Sunday afternoon, so it was not like he was going to play somewhere.... I guess that was a good thing. SUCH A NERD, but I still love him!
He does have a great sense of humor!

We were stopped at a red light, & Ellie said, "Is that my daddy?" I looked to my left to see this man waiting to cross. I chuckled! Then, he looked towards our car & Ellie shouted, "That is my daddy!" I had to ROLL down my window, turn on the camera & zoom it! I am still laughing about this. Lance has a similar shirt, always wears a backwards hat, dark skin, dark brown hair, baggy shorts, & he has shoes just like that! BUT STILL!!!! I didn't know I had a baby with this guy!! HA HA.

I hope all of you have a great Father's Day.

13 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

Nice tank top Lance! Happy Father's day to Lance- he is probably the one guy who loves being a Dad to his princess more than ANY other guy I know! Seriously. It's too bad you have to fight over him with your daughter, though! I guess he just has to be 2 girls' Prince Charming! haha. (don't worry Suz- YOU have the ring.)

Unknown said...

ha ha! i am dying at your comment alisse! but anyways, that was a really sweet post! i don't really know lance, but he seems like such a nice guy! and i do know your dad & he IS such a nice guy!

Suzy Cummard said...

Thanks Alisse! Elle will compete & eventually get what she wants. RIGHT!!!?? HA.
Gotta Love Elle Woods.

See it Try it Love it said...

That is hilarious about the kid on the side of the street. It totally looks like Lance. Your dad must be great, since he has such great kids.

Missy said...

I love reading your stories too! I think we are the "marathon posters"! Love how Elle sees her Dad (huy on the street), sooo funny. He is a cute, little Dad for sure!

Mike & Stephanie Wright said...

Happy Father's Day Lance!!!!

Cam and Mele said...

Hey girl, hope you guys had a HAPPY Fathers Day, looks like you did! Anyway, I just wanted to Thank you SO MUCH for putting my e-mail and Marks website on the She's Got It All site!! I appreciate it soooo much and we will definately hook you up WHEN you guys come in;) Thanks again for lookin out for me:D you're the best!

chris+amber said...

Sam ROCKS! I remember you Sherwood girls were always the last ones on the block to finish your Saturday chores. I think you guys had the longest lists of chores out of any of us. We were all waiting for you guys to finish so you could come out and play! Lance is a cute daddy to Ellie. I can tell she adores him! Happy Father's Day (a day later)!

Amanda B. said...

Ellie is so cute! And I have to say that I love your dad (and mom for that matter)! You have such a great family!

angiedunn said...

Aw, that's the cutest dad post. That's an adorable picture of your parents with the grandkids! Tell your mom that I think she is the cutest person. Truly, all you sherwoods are so beautiful! {Ellie included}

Alisse Baldwin said...

Amber:

Saturday "To-Do" lists = our enemy! So true, so true. We were always last to finish. But I'm so glad our Dad taught us how to work hard. Even though I think he forgot we were GIRLS sometimes. Oh, and, whenever Scott asks me to do something on a Saturday, I give the excuse that I did enough of that growing up, so I shouldn't have to now. So, I guess I should re-phrase what I said earlier and say, "I'm glad our Dad talk us how to work hard when we were younger so I can say I filled my quota back then and never have to do chores on a Saturday again." Aren't I just the most precious wife you've ever heard of?

Unknown said...

it must be a sherwood thing cause us hamblin's were always the same way! way too many chores! i have the roughest hands from pulling weeds! {but im glad i know how to do all that stuff too...not that i do it a lot anymore!}

Jenny Grover said...

That totally looks just like Lance!! More like Lance in 7th grade! O wait that guy isn't wearing spandex! Tight ones!