Wednesday, May 23, 2007

BRAD the GRAD


My "beebee" brother is graduating from MHS (Forever the BEST)!!
Congrats Brad.
Time flies. I remember the day Brad was born (& all the small fishing poles he received from my dads friends). We wanted to know if we had a new baby sister or brother. When he was born, my mom had 4 other moms to help out. He really was the cutest & sweetest baby. He had SO much dark hair & was always happy. My sisters & I loved playing with him, dressing him up as a girl (sorry Brad), fighting over who got to take him out in sacrament, & etc. (I wish I had some baby pictures to share, but you can blog hop to my sister Alisses's & see some.) Now he is graduating from high school, SO WEIRD!


This is my parents with 50 CENT.... I mean Brad. He has always been in to dressing up... :SUPERMAN!, Peter Pan, The Mask, The Riddler, Batman, I could go on & on... as for the chain ?? Ask his friend Derek. Brad is my parents favorite SON & I know they are so proud of him & the good choices he makes.

Also, Brad is the last child (#5) to graduate from good ol' Mesa, along with Both our parents, & my dads parents. PLUS, we have all married people from Mesa (so did Lances family). So Brad has no choice... He can't break the mold. HA!

Brad doesn't even know that I took this picture! This is a classic!! Brad & (his BFF) Derek Poulsen watching SMALLVILLE. Brad is obsessed with everything to do with Superman! He has every season of Smallville on DVD, Superman calenders, pictures, you name it. This obsession started quite young! Every Sunday night when he was little he would go & change into his Superman outfit before watching The Adventures of Louis & Clark. He rents the oldest Superman movies & still has a Superman outfit to fit. I know for a fact that he will never grow out of this obsession. He is SUPERMAN. (He also has always LOVED all types of music. That is another thing about him that will never change.)

One of my favorite memories of Brad: If you know our family, you know how OBSESSED with 16 Candles we are. One summer at Lake Powell, Brad was trying to put my sisters & I to sleep. Brad decided to quote every word, & sound in the back ground from the movie. He had it down!! At first we laughed, but eventually his plan worked & he really did put us to sleep! "Jenny, Mike, Sara, Sam, everybody up!" "Real Smooth Cliff." "Whaz a happinin hot stuff?" "You don't spell it son, you eat it!" "Is that a Threat, ... No it's a fact Jake." "American Style Girlfriend"


Brad & Drew Romney had a graduation party on Monday night over at my parents. It was a lot of fun. Brad & Drew have been friends since they were BORN! (ONE month apart) I know our moms loved it...(esp. since they both had 3-4 girls & then had their last & it was finally boys!) I couldn't find the picture when we put on a small play. It was so funny. Brad was Alfalfa, & Drew was Darla. So funny! You would die. ..That was probably the last time they let us dress them up! They love having sisters!

This is some of Brad's friends/their "GROUP".

Things change so much after high school. We think we'll never loose contact with... & we do, people change, life just gets CRAZY! So GOOD LUCK to all those graduating.
NOW you'll start to feel OLD when you say "....in High school...", or "I went to high school with them", ETC. Dream BIG, & work hard!

10 comments:

Kasey said...

I totally used to dress Bubba up as a girl too! When he was born I totally wanted him to be my baby and I took him out in Sacrament meeting too! He also loves Smallville. I think we may have to same brother! ;)

Anonymous said...

How did I get so lucky to be the mom of the best 5 kids ever? When I saw your shout out to Brad, I had a little "tender mercy" moment!

Anonymous said...

Suz, I love how you put "LOUIS and Clark," that is classic Susan and I love it. Bcuz I don't have a blog, I need to use yours to do a shout out to beebee Brad. But remember, "There never was a better mix than the class of 96!" Represent!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Auburn- you're gay! '96? More like 2003!

I'm happy to see Mom FINALLY putting aside her fears and COMMENTING on blogs! :)

Speaking of Mom, how cute is she in the picture with Dad and 50 cent? I wish I had as cute of clothes/hair/everything as my Mom!

Unknown said...

Since I'm lazy today I will also shout out to Bee Bee brother from your blog. CONGRATS BRAD!! I totally remember taking care of Brad as a baby like it was just yesterday. He was one of THEE cutest babies ever. It will be fun to see where his life goes from here - like where he will go on his mission & who he will marry!

Graduating from high school is the best! No more school that you are REQUIRED to complete. I love being done with school. It is pretty sad though how it doesn't hit you about how you will never see some people again for years.

The Tyler's said...

Sorry I never emailed another picture of the bedding to you. I just went ahead and painted it pink. I hope it turns out!?

Katie said...

Go MHS! I just have to say, in that first picture, he totally looks like Shalae!

Hillary said...

My favorite line in this post was, "MHS, forever the best!" It makes me want to get up right now and do the cheer! Oh I miss you Suz!

Missy said...

Suzanne, you and your sisters are so funny. We had 4 girls and 1 boy, but lucky for him he came #2. If he was the baby, I would have had much more fun like you guys. Instead, I got beat up all the time...but now we are friends! And our family is very fond of 16 Candles too. I laughed out loud when I read all the quotes...you forgot one though...Married? Married! Married? Yes, Married...Geece! I know, I am a total nerd.

Alisse Baldwin said...

Here's another:

"... and they're SO perky!"