Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wish I Was There

11 years ago our family took an awesome trip to Florida. We went to Disney World, Blizzard Beach, & MGM. The day we went to MGM, was JUNE 1st. Which was National Gay & Lesbian Day. (Disney is apparently a proud part of!) Every where we looked there were guys kissing guys, girls kissing girls, short shorts, skinny legs, & most of them were wearing these nasty RED shirts that read:
"A DAY OF MAGIC AND A NIGHT OF PLEASURE".
Our family now calls each other every year on JUNE 1st to wish them A happy Gay & Les Day. We usually try not to wear red, just in case.. HA HA.
Christmas of 2005 our parents gave all of us a trip to FLORIDA!! It had been 10 years! This time we decided to all wear RED!

1st day we went to Disney World. Of course it was HUMID & flaming hot, but we all had such a blast. It has a lot of the same rides as Disney Land.

The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse had just came out on the Disney Channel & Ellie & Noah loved every episode. We thought they would love meeting Mickey & Minnie... but they were a little nervous. Also, Ellie cared more about loving Roxy than meeting Mickey. Can you tell?

Aladdin's Magic carpet ride. Great ride for kids.
ROXY GIRL only like 6 weeks old! She was so sweet the whole trip.
Worn out at the end of the day. We reeked!
Of course Ellie went home with JUNK. (she wanted a princess souvenir) Here is our big RED group. Laugh now, but nobody got lost that day... I can NOT say the same for the other 2 days. Our husbands loved matching the other guys, too!! We were a week early for Gay & Les Day... too bad! HA. For those of you looking for an AWESOME place to vacation... THIS IS IT! Everyones favorite theme park was BLIZZARD BEACH. Our kids ask if we can go back there constantly! There is so much to do there for EVERY age. The first time we went I was in 8th grade & it was my favorite then. This last time was so much fun, again.
Theres lots of adult rides, family rides, a wave pool, & tons of kids areas.
The picture above is what slide they are known for. It is kinda like The Bonzai, but more steep. Look at how many stairs you have to climb to go down the slide! Where it looks like someone would fly off... that is fake, you just keep falling.
None of us can figure out why Arizona does not have an awesome water park like this. We need one so bad! As you can see, it is in the middle of a forest (just like all the Disney theme parks in Orlando).
It is decorated like a blizzard. CREATIVE!!
Auburn's boys (Riggs & Jax) posing for me.
Noah got busted. He was supposed to be sitting, but he kept getting stuck, so he decided to just walk down.
Ellie's "Poppie"/my dad still loves being playing like a kid, but he loved seeing his grandkids love every moment. (Maybe this should be an every other year trip!!)
Jaxen, Ellie, & Riggs! The lines on kids slides took like one minute to wait, IF THAT!
Noah & Ellie were quite confused!! They thought this was the kids area.

Jax loved it,
so did Riggs.
Noahs face cracks me up. He was just chillin', acting too cool to smile.
(I also have video, but I don't know how to put it on.)
Ellie loved going face first into the water!

The last day of theme parks... Universal Studios.
I know that Auburn's boys esp. loved this park. They met Spiderman, the X-Men charactors & there were tons of good rides. Some of our favorites were: the Spiderman ride (3-D), & the Hulk roller coaster.

There were a few Dr. Seuss book themed rides. This was "One Fish, Two Fish", I think.
It was so hot, so we loved any ride that got us wet. I did not have any pictures where we were soaked from the some of the other rides. (I can't remember many names, besides Jurrasic Park.)
Our last day in Florida we spent the day swimming & relaxing in the hotel pool. (Above is Noah sipping his Pina Colada.)


Lance loved his first summer break with Elle, & she loved every second with him!!

Thanks mom & dad.

We will never forget the memories, but incase we do, we should probably go more often!!! (WINK)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

like the new look! also, my parents took marshall & me on a cruise to the bahama's for our senior trip & we also spent a few days in folrida. we went to the universal studios: islands of adventure theme park also. we loved it! the hulk was our favorite coaster too!

Alisse Baldwin said...

I was JUST thinking last night that one year ago TODAY we were leaving Florida- and

a) I can't believe that was a whole year ago

and secondly) I REALLY wish I was there RIGHT NOW instead of working!

P.S.- You're busted for putting the picture up of Shalae and I.

Unknown said...

I love the new look of your blog. And I love this post. I wish I was there right now. If I lived in Florida I would for sure have a club member pass to Blizzard Beach & spend about 4 days a week there. I'm gonna start saving money to go again in 2016. Remember we figured out that Riggs will only be 17 so it will probably be the last (10 year anniversary) time that our entire family can go together, with nobody on missions. Or we can go a couple times before that too. We need to get rich quick.

Unknown said...

P.S.
*Mom usually wears red on June 1st!
*Where's the picture of Sardine-yas?

Missy said...

Me and Tiffy want to know if your parents will adopt us...along with our 7 kids??? Well 2 more kids if you count the hubbies...j/k. We'll wear red too.

Meggs said...

I think my fav. part of this entire entry is the gay and Lesbo day. I was laughing so hard. From now on I'm totally wearing red on that day. That entire trip looks like so much fun. Seriously Ellie is a doll. Every pic. of her is totally a mini Suz.

Kasey said...

So much fun! I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

This comment doesn't have to do with Florida, but the top of your blog that should read: There was three in the bed and the little one said, "Move over and get your own prince charming Mommy!"

The Dunford Family said...

Hi Suzanne! First off, let me tell you, you and your sister have an awesome website, very cool and I'm very happy for you. It looks like a lot of fun.
Secondly, my husband, Jens worked for Dan Oditt at Chase bank when we were first married in AZ. We've known the Oditts for about 10 years now. Jens's younger brother, Jason, also had Nancy as a teacher. Small World, huh! Yes, she's awesome, very sweet! I'll pass the comment on to her. I'm sure she would really appreciate it. Thanks for commenting, I love meeting and talking to new people on the blog!

Missy said...

Suzanne, we got our passes before May 1st at $59 each. The best deal now is at FRY'S, they are $69 & for 2 and under it's $20. But I think those prices are gonna go up soon. If you buy online @ www.golfland.com it is $79. Just to go for one day is $24, such a rip! The passes are good at Golfland/Sunsplash (a little too ghetto for me), Big Surf (my preference) & Waterworld (maybe someday I will waste my gas to check it out). Why don't we have Blizzard Beach and CA's cool waterparks here??? Maybe you should start one, Miss "entrepeneur"! At least buy a pass so I can have someone to people watch with!!

Brittney Smith said...

Your family is so fun! I love the red shirt thing. Who knew June 1st was gay and lesbian day. I think I will remember that for life now. Thanks!

Ginger John said...

That looks like so much fun. I've never been to Florida and your pics make me want to go! I love the pic of Ellie going down the slide face first. That would make a really cute scrapbook page :)