Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Decorating for the Holidays

I am thankful for the chance I get to help others decorate for the Holidays.

Above & below: Alma Goodman's (my aunt) 
"SWEET CHRISTMAS".

Two reasons to post these pictures:
1) I can remember things for next time, & 
2) to share with anyone who cares to look.



"Our Someday House":
Too bad my new "be merry" banner is really hard to see there.







We made the JOY banners at our craft class, but I had Ellie add 2 L's to ours to make it JOLLY.



This was just added this year. We had most of the stuff to make this advent since last year. Finally in November, some of us got together & put it together. They all ended up different. Ellie has loved pulling out a tag each day & reading things like "Progressive dinner", "Caroling", "Zoo Lights", etc.! If nothing was planned it would say things like "eat a peppermint treat", "Do a secret service", etc.
Our homemade ADVENT Calendar 2011:


I guess I was getting ready for my Kid's Craft Class...

Christmas Eve:


Home of Vicki Sherwood (my parents house):
aka: "PotteryBarn style"
Her b.day is in November. So many people love to give her Christmas decor, so she has quite the collection.

Yes, she made both of those cute quits.












USA YOUTH FITNESS CENTER:
(Where I coach kids gymnastics.)
My boss was so excited for his new reindeer. BIG reindeer, as you can see.
 It didn't fit where he had in mind. LUCKILY, he saw this cute Santa picture that did fit perfectly.
(Not pictures is all the ornaments hanging from the ceiling that take the longest time.)


The Home of Mary Riggs. (my g.ma)


I am grateful for this "talent" (if that's what it is). It helps me make it thru Christmas time! ;)

No comments: