Sunday, November 2, 2008

Some Love for NIE in our Great City- MESA!


Mindy had all of us on our feet & singing along:
"Everything, everything will be alright, alright!"
Very appropriate... wouldn't ya say?
Not just Mesa, Arizona ... BUT so many places around the world, people are spreading the love for NIE & her family. This past month, Mesa has had several events to help. I know I am behind on blogging, but I wanted to post about 2 great events that I was able to enjoy with my family....

I completely LOVED the Mindy Glendhill concert with my sisters, mom & some friends. Mindy's singing was so pretty & I loved how she talked to the crowd as if we were all her good friends...

BUT, like everyone else - there was a part that I hope to never forget!
Was there a dry eye there? Doubt it.
If you missed it, make sure to check it out here!
I kept thinking of how cute these little misses were & how much they love their mommy & daddy. I can not imagine how much they were missing them. (Even though all of the kids are in such great hands) Ahh, the thought of being away from Ellie that long & not just me missing her... but her missing me - AHHH!!
Their words melted my heart & made my eyes swell.

It was the sweetest thing.
I have read so many great things (not just from NIE'S BLOG, but her sister in-law Lizzy, her sister Courtney & then this past week on Jamiee Rose) that have helped me
STOP & RETHINK how lucky I am to have what I have.

I AM SO BLESSED & SO LUCKY!!!

I am constanly inspired & uplifted from all of these blogs & all the people trying to do what they can to help out this family.
One of my favorite quotes was:
"A sister is the closest thing to yourself".
SO TRUE!!! I know that because I myself have such great sisters & a perfect mom!

..... anyway.....
I think I was talking about another great event!

A couple weekends ago, downtown Main held a BLISSFEST (thanks mostly to Domestic Bliss!) It was amazing!
Our family enjoyed it.
Lance, Ellie & I went to help out this booth:


My sister in-law, SYD & her family had a snowcone & cotton candy booth. They ended up not needing more help, so we enjoyed everything around.
(Did you see the darling aprons & deor all around!!??!! They were made by Syd's sister Courtney & her mom. ADORABLE!)

Speaking of adorable- look at the pom poms that someone made extra special! Someone in Stephanie's ward (???) really wanted red & white pom poms, but couldn't find them, so I heard she used SHARPIE marker & colored ever other one RED!!! WOW!!! Not just on this strand, but A WHOLE LOT MORE!!! WOW!
There were so many DETAILS to everything that was there. Everything was over the top CUTE. I loved it.

Ellie loved the puppet show,

the cake walk,


getting her face painted (a new love),
fishing for a prize in the fish pond,
and of course spending time with so much family.
Once my sisters & mom came .... ya know we indulged & enjoyed some snow cones & CARNIE FOOD!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I loved her concert too. Her girls did great and I totally cried. I am happy to know I wasn't the only one.

Krista said...

SUZANNE!!! My entire family was there front row... did you see them??? I wanted to go so bad... because I had a feeling that you girls would go to the concert!! We NEED to get together sometime soon!!! Love ya girl!!