Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Gibbons Anni

It was Auburn & Bryan's anniversary & her boys had been making PLANS!
They were so thoughtful.
We had the kids come over to my moms so we could help them out with their plans.

The small kids played out back, while the older boys planned the party inside.

(Roxy copied anything that her "Elle Belle" did.)
So what had the boys been working on? ....
The boys brought over her scrapbook wedding album & propped it open on a chair. It was the first thing to see when you walked in!
They had their wedding video ready to play...
They made a sweet banner.
(and if ya know me- you know I am so into banners right now)
They had their I-POD ready to play as they walked in the door!
(Riggs knew that she loves this song) The kids waited by the window.We turned off the lights & hid..
When they got home from their date- they were so surprised!
(My camera was too slow!)
This was the part of the plan where they were supposed to be dancing. Atleast Roxy still is!
The boys wanted to make thier parents homemade ice cream.... so they brought over {the small amount left} frozen yogurt from their freezer, & a little bit of m&m's.
Mix them together & you have HOMEMADE ICE CREAM !! {according to them}

Auburn & Bryan made sure to tell each kid THANKS & give them the loves that they deserved.
The night was so cute & thoughtful.
Can you believe that this was completely planned by 2 young boys!?
(Note to self: I really need a son!)

I convinced Auburn to let Rox spend the night!
She picked out Ellie's tutu for bed. (What little girl doesn't always want to be dressed like a beautiful princess?)

That night, I was in my dads office & had Roxy with me.

She said: "Suzy, I scared."

I asked her why & this was her reply:

"I scared because the spider, I scared because the cat, & I scared because the wolf."

?? "The wolf", I thought.... ????

I knew that she was talking about my moms Halloween decorations, but she didn't have a wolf.

.......... ......... ............ ........

The next morning after we answered the door, Roxy passed all of the decrations & was saying:

"There's the spider",

"There's the cat, there's that pumpkin, and there's the wolf."

AH HA!

She thinks that "Drake" is a wolf... a ware-wolf that is!

I would've never known what she was talking about & after she explained, I had to write it down somewhere!

4 comments:

jewly said...

That is so thoughtful. She has some sweet boys.

MichelleY said...

You guys really know how to party - NONSTOP!! I'm looking forward to seeing Cher in a few weeks - she better not disappoint :)

Amy said...

I can't find your email address, so I have to post here! I am searching your blog for pics of Ellie's Mary Poppins costume. Do you have any on your blog? Or can you email me some pics? amyjohnsonrdh@gmail.com
love and miss you!
Amy

Raine said...

That is so cute of Riggs and Jacks to do. Roxy is so funny! That "wolf" could be scary. haha