Friday, August 10, 2007

Sambo

Happy mid 30's to my dad.
Today is his birthday. Here are a few things to describe him:
*Never stops
*He has project after project
*Obsessed with fishing, but doesn't eat fish
*Does so much for our family
*Magestic purple (huge) garage ceiling (now stairs and large shelf)
*Goof ball, so nobody knows when he is being serious
*Great church speaker
*Loves camping
*Still loves toys... (below is his crashed Prowler, after not seeing the drop at the Dunes. Just glad that everyone was all right.)
*Boot scootin' Buggy with us at the reunions
*Slap Leather
*Oldest clothes... & comb
*Serves others, with out them knowing
*Perfectionist
*Wrestler back in the days
*3 Dog Night
*Oldies
*Likes to pretend he does Feng Shui
*Likes to Dance, sing, cheer... entertain
*Elvis anyone?
*Country boy
*Spiritual
*Great dad
*Wonderful & Playful Poppi (G-pa)
*Achy Breaky Heart
*Sea Doos
*Lake Powell
*Mexico
*The Beach Boys
*The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

(Us at his b-day last year... minus Scott)

*Sweet Tomatos

*Buffets

*Identical Twin

*Surprising people

*Loving husband

*Good Example

*Dip

*NINEY "ninety degree angle pipe"

*Home Depot Runs

*Dates... Early bird special anyone?

*Singing.. high low & inbetween

*NY missionary

*Suzanne is his favorite daughter
*"This is Sam" .. answering his phone

*Maui Waui or bust

*Early riser

*Been known to own 3 boats at once

(Poppi on Father's Day 07)

*Teases kids... and now grandkids

*KRP

*Marjerle Dog (Misses stretching with him every morning)

*FHE (even if it is just the 2 - 3 of them)

*Cream Soda

*Green bomb

*Always setting an example

*4 am lake trips

*Called me "Zannie"(younger), now it is "Scoozy"

Calls Ellie "Jellie"

Noah "No Key"

Riggs "Figgy"

Lance "Bro. Cummard"

Jaxen ?? "Jackie or Jax"

Roxy "Rocky"

My mom "Vicki Sue" (yes, that is her middle name)

* LOVES FAMILY TIME

*Dips

*Hardest worker

I COULD GO ON & ON...

Ellie said that one of her favorite things with Poppi is to run around and play catch... (She is such the athlete. HA HA HA)

Mine is... hmmm.. that is hard. I love that my dad has always been the same age since I can remember. AND .. He has always shown us how to have a good time together, AND... that he has always set the example on loving your family, no matter what. (Wife, kids, grandkids)

Lance was asleep a while ago... NO, Of Course Ellie was still awake! I'll ask Lance later.

HAVE A GOOD BIRTHDAY DAD! ENJOY BEING IN YOUR 30's!!

11 comments:

MichelleY said...

Dearest Sam,
Hope the birthday is spectacular for you, and YES the "do" is great today!

Your dad always asked me about my hair EVERYDAY at Riggs - people thought it was strange, but I said - "It's cool - me and Sam are tight!" They were just jealous!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Amen to everything you said about Dad... glad you left out "Leader Dog."

We're so lucky to have Sam!

Missy said...

I think it is awesome that you know your Dad so well, even all his funny quirks. He has done a good job with his girls, you all gave nice tributes.

And have fun tomorrow.
And next week?, call me.
And "it" will be fun.
And that is all.

the cummard family said...

That family picture is so cute...who was the photographer? Go to Lyndsie Fields blog, from mine.

jewly said...

Hello Suzanne. I finally updated my blog. You have a very cute family.

Katie Peterson said...

You are such a good daughter to write all of that about your daddy-o! We love our dads!

Cummards said...

Suzy I just wanted you to know that I told everyone at a baby shower up here about your cute website. And THEN, the next day a girl called me and said that she was on another website a while ago, and was going to order some bedding for one of her kids. When she went back to it they were all out. Then after I told her about SGA, she went on it and found the bedding. She was so excited that she found it, and to order it. So...basically I just wanted you to know how nice I am. Just kidding, but I thought that was cool, you guys made her day!

Cummards said...

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me, thats the rest of the story. She was so excited to find the burp rags because one of them was the same pattern as the bedding I guess? So before she ordered all the bedding, she was going to order those to make sure she liked it. Yep, her name is Stephanie. She is so cute.

Cummards said...

Sorry, I always forget to answer questions. But no, I dont know how to add links, and yay I'm so stinking excited to come tomorrow. Except I'm sad that Lee will be gone for ten days, and the fact that he will be in France makes me a bit jealous. I'm sure I'll stay busy though, so that will make it not so bad! k..I think I got everything answered. P.S. YOU look so good, but whats new huh?!

Shelbi Whittaker said...

Suzanne, I use to go to Dr. Huish. I went to him for 3 of my misscariages. I ended up falling off of his table COMPLEATLY NAKED and I landed on his feet....I switched doctors the next day Ü how are things going? are you getting any answers???

angiedunn said...

tender! i love dads. i bet he loved this post, and all other posts o' him this week. hope you had a great day sam, even though i don't know you, but have probably seen you at some random stake event! (;