Monday, March 5, 2012

February Formal- At Last I See The Light

 I am not sure why, but I got called by the stake that I am in to "direct" this 4 Stake Dance for the Mesa High kids.
It was our stakes turn to direct it.
Someone on the youth committee came up with the theme.
AT LAST I SEE THE LIGHT. (from Tangled)
I loved it. 
Since I was helping put on our New Beginnings decor around the same time, I was already on a YELLOW themed party kick. 
We had a few meetings with the YW Stake Presidency, and one with the youth council. Everyone was such a big help!
 Here's some of our help from the night before:

(my cutest helper- Lance)


SO many lanterns - lots of balloons.




The food table...



We left the church around midnight the night before.
The next day, we came down to finish the food table & other small details.
I about freaked (along with some other people) when we saw THIS:
a hook came out of the wall. Lots of bulbs were broken.
People were scrambling to fix it & they did! (phew)

The outside of our Stake Center..

Here was where they walked into the church. It turned out so cute- thanks to Claudia Dixon!!



KJ Balls did an AMAZING job at the lights. Anyone in the area of The East Valley -Mesa- Arizona should give him a call. He was so sweet ... too sweet!!


Other decor details....
Fun D.J.!
Extra water stations...
Picture station...

The snack/food area...
(I never got a really good picture because all of the food wasn't there when I left.)
The banner says, 
"At Last I See The Light".

All Yellow & White food.

Ah- look at this adorable couple! ;)
.. my parents ..


I left to eat dinner while the actual dance was going on.
I came back at the very end for clean up.
The last dance song that they played was the theme song. 
It gave me chills. 
The dance was a huge hit. I loved watching all the teenagers enjoying themselves. I also heard so many of them talk about how nice it was, how pretty it looked, etc. It felt good to hear that & see them having a good time.
 THEN- I finally {at last} SAW THE LIGHT. ;) 
jk- I had a good time with it.
The decor was EXACTLY what I envisioned but I wasn't sure it would really turn out. BUT- ALL of it did. It was beautiful. 
Thanks so much for all those that helped!!

No comments: