Monday, June 20, 2011

What A Great {homemade} Christmas-2010

Christmas morning seems so quiet at our house since it's only 3 of us- so we try to take it slow "SLASH" drag it out. We sleep in, some years we get all ready before coming in the main rooms. This year- it was P.J.'s.



I think we were all spoiled this year....

Ellie had one present that sent her on a HUNT.....
The poem explained where to go/what to do...
(Ever since DisneyLand she's been wanting her own lemonade stand... she kept telling us that we could build it.)
Well it's no hand carved lemons out of wood with bead board..... but she was THRILLED when she found THIS:
Lance helped me make posts for the banners. I made her banners, flavor & price signs, and my mom helped me make my vision be possible & I quilted her tablecloth!
I was happy with how it turned out- but I now want a bigger table.
(I'm always wanting something.. or everything)
HIDDEN PRESENTS... something my dad was always good at & I always loved growing up....
SINCE Lance is not "all grown up" (I'm judging this by the amount of cartoons he still watches)... I was very excited for him to find a bell in his stocking & this bike was waiting for him outside:
Ellie thought that spot in the back must've been for her...

Later on we headed to my parents to do our traditional Christmas afternoon.

This year was our sister's "HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS".
Yes- it takes a lot of time, but we are all so excited to make stuff for each other, get each others homemade goodness & PLUS homemade means so much more!
I absolutely love this tradition.
My gifts: Flower pins, & BANNERS of course! I made them each a BOO BANNER, plus an other one.
For Alisse- a Chrismas banner.
For Shalae- a Valentines Day banner.
For Auburn- a Halloween banner.
For my mom- a Happy Birthday Banner.

My girly girl was way excited for more tutu's!
(From her G-ma Vicki & Poppy.)

I love that everyone can just CHILL... including our Grandma Riggs!
{love it- Alisse is copying her leg}

HERE'S the HOMEMADE GOODNESS that I love:
Shalae made us 2011 calendars: ADORABLE of the nation.
Auburn & Alisse made our family video of the last 5 years- it was amazing.
And yours truely....
And my mom surprised us by making us each a QUILT!!!!
SO SPECIAL. I LOVE ALL OF THEM!
THAT was some of our high lights of our CHRISTMAS DAY 2010.
It was a great year.

1 comment:

Brookie said...

sooo cute, always so cute!! you are so talented! i love that you are posting again, love the pictures.