Saturday, June 28, 2008

"Oh WOW!"- Kanoe is gettin' old!


Happy Birthday to
Kanoe!
My sister-in-law Kanoe is celebrating another birthday.
Here are some things that you may or may not know about her:
*Kanoe is my age & she has 4 kids!
*All of her kids are so dang cute!! I love them!

* She is smart. EXCEPT when it comes to a sense of direction! HA HA. If you need directions- don't call her!!- She admits & laughs at how bad she is at finding her way!

*Kanoe is healthy!

* Some of her favorite things to eat are: pizza, Oregano's,
& cupcakes! (Matta's was also one of the tops-waa waa)

* Kanoe is great at scrapbooking. We use to go to the all nighters at Scrapbooks Etc. & we always had so much fun!
*In high school she use to help Lance ask me to dances in cute ways, find meaningful gift, make crafty cards, & more. I always knew when Kanoe was involved!
* Kanoe has a strong testimony.
*She is always giving service. (sometimes it goes unknown/unnoticed)
* She loves her calling right now (YOUNG WOMENS). She loves "her girls" & probably had tons of fun at GiRlS CaMp this past week with them!

* Kanoe is not afraid to speak her mind & tell you like it is.

* She loves taking pictures... not just due to blogs!! She has been this way since I knew her. She likes photography & is good at it.

* She loves Heidi Swapp. (She thinks of her as a celebrity & it cracks me up, cause I see her everywhere!) I totally love all of Heidi's syles, too!

* Kanoe likes SIMPLICITY.

* She likes to DECK her girls out - but says she doesn't like to get decked out herself. (accessories, etc.)

* Kanoe loves to have her cute kids match. (I would totally do that.... someday I will!)

*Kanoe married Parker. (He is the one just older than Lance.) They have been married for almost 6 years. (right?)

* She loves crafts & is awesome at them.

* She supports She's Got It All & helps advertise! (thanks!! http://www.shesgotitall.net/)

* She is super creative! From rhymes - to making cards, I believe it comes natural to her.

* Kanoe likes to say: "Shut Up!!" (when she means "NO WAY"- so do I), "Oh WOW!" and "HO!" (when she is excited)

* Kanoe is so funny.

* She has a contagious laugh.

* She makes time to be a fun mom.

* Kanoe revolves her life around ther kids.

* She makes each of them feel imprtant. I really admire that!

* How does she do it??? Well, I am not sure on the details - but I know her car helps her out!

YEP, Kanoe is a proud driver of her van. See why:

* She drives from so far to come in town (a lot) to be apart of family activities & stuff to keep her kids entertained.

* Kanoe always knows words to songs right away. She likes everything from hip hop/rap - slow or country. I remember looking at her c.d.'s in high school & dying at how many c.d.'s she had.

* She loves when her {funny} brother TONY sings "Lean Like A Cholo". She laughs every time.

* Her favorite song is "I Should've Been a Cowboy". (Right Kanoe? Correct me if I am wrong.)

* She lives on a farm. She will hardly touch the animals, but she knows Parker wishes he were a cowboy!

* Kanoe knows so many games & loves playing them. (CABIN!!)

* Her pinky's are crooked. (Paper, rock, scissors anyone?? ha ha)

* She is a perfectionist.

* Kanoe enjoys doing her laundry & is a clean freak.

* Kanoe is so organized. She feels good when everything is in it's right place.

* She goes the extra mile at everything!


* This girl is the Coupon QUEEN!

* She knows all of the deals & usually tries to let me know when, where or how. I really appreciate it! She is stocked up & LOTS of stuff.
*Kanoe goes to CVS pretty much daily. It is like a job to her- cause she is "earning money".

*Kanoe loves the beach!

* Kanoe is not much of an animal lover, but loves how happy it makes her kids (or husband) - so she sacrifices.

* Benadryl anyone? Kanoe has major allergies. It kills me to see how sick she gets.

* Kanoe is such a good, patient, loving mom. She would do anything in a heart beat for any of them.

* Her style is mostly country & of course patriotic.
* She loves red... but I believe her favorite color is WHITE!
* She loves the flag & all the decor that comes with it! She is quite patriotic.

* She IS an amazing swimmer.. not was- she still is.

*Kanoe is a go- getter. When she has something on her mind... WATCH OUT. She will make it happen, no matter what.

* She is competitive.

* She is crazy when it comes to working out. She has done races, runs, triathalon(s), and rumor has it - she is really fast. AND I think she totally enjoys it! (unlike me who hates cardio)

Kanoe - I hope girls camp was fun! You are probably going to be so worn out & all you'll want to do is see your kids, & get some sleep.... BUT knowing you- you will clean, do laundry & dishes before shutting your eyes! Thanks for letting me watch Tilly. Sorry I could not help out more! Thanks for being a good sister in law!

Have a great BIRTHDAY week. Eat some extra OREGANO'S for me!

......NEWPORT- here we come!

5 comments:

the cummard family said...

SUZANNE! You are killing me. i am laughing and crying at the same time. You seriously have the BEST memory....something i do admire. the "PRS" and "lean like a cholo"-dying laughing. MY FAVORITE COLOR IS WHITE-but is people always assume it's red (amazing that you knew that). So down with being simple-hence the fact of not accessorising myself. I must say, we do have a lot in common when it comes to being "crafty/creative" although, you might take the cake! Thank you for being so kind to my kids, they love you and lance...{hint} feel free to steal/and spoil tills w/ attention any time. she loves it, and so do i (i hate thinking she is deprived of it, being #4 and having the others so close). Some of these things, i do hope i live up to-i'm sure going to try. i'm glad to have you as a SIL, and thank you thank you for all the compliments. Oh ya-i love that all my favorite fatty places to eat come right after "she's healthy." lol. I'll enjoy the pizzookie, while you enjoy NPB! "HO!"

the cummard family said...

and yes, THAT IS MY FAVORITE COUNTRY SONG-nobody ever guesses that. i know it WORD FOR WORD!

and parker wanted me to remind you, it'll be 7 years this sept.

chris+amber said...

What a nice SIL you are! This was fun to read about Kanoe. I've known her for a long time and I still learned a thing or two about her. HAPPY BDAY, KANOE!

Amy said...

Suzanne,
Call me! I have some potty training questions for you
Amy

Missy said...

Suz..that was so cute and sweet. My birthday tributes are usually not very nice, more like "blackmail" tributes...I should be nicer, huh? lol. Kanoe is a great mom and very creative...I am jealous of both of you for that!