Sunday, July 6, 2008

Highlights of NB


This summer, my mom, sisters, & the kids spent a week at NEWPORT BEACH, CA.
We had so much fun....and I took way too many pics (Alisse, too).
We left early Saturday the 28th in 2 cars.


In my dads truck, Shalae & I had the youngest 3 kids. (plus, their babies)

The first day, it took us 2 HOURS to find parks for both cars. Once we parked, we all agreed that we were not moving the cars! - So, we walked, & walked, & walked (and sang as we walked...)
the kids rode scooters & we crashed at one of our MUSTS: MARIO'S!


Sunday morning, we RODE THE BUS...


to another MUST-

As always, it was fun! Although we wished we had a sitter, the kids were pretty good. They got rewarded with all the things we love to eat there, along with sunglasses, toys, etc!


We saw PLENTY of this from these 2 girls thw whole trip:

Speaking of 2 girls- OMG!


These 2 girls LOVED themselves! It was funny to watch them take a million pics (at different angles) OF THEMSELVES! SUCKING IN!!!


Monday, Monday! The glories day of BRAD being able to e-mail! My mom looks forward to reading these every Monday morning! (He is doing good! Check his blog for any updates.)

Roxy cracked us up.Since she looked so cute, she got loots of snaps from Aunts!

Alisse busted some SWEET moves with her handy camera!
HAnDstAnDs AnyOnE?? Ellie could not get enough since she had so much space on the sand.The kids had a blast!



We stayed on 42nd St. Our cousin rented the downstairs of a house for the summer. Then, he let my mom know qbout the house & they figured something out...

Doug Stone said it perfectly : "Love Grows Best In Little Houses"!

It was a nice house, but it had the STRANGEST {MAZE/puzzle piece} you could imagine.

Just to explain a little:

* "The loft" was a a place for a twin matress with unsafe stairs.

* The HALLWAY was ALSO a BATHROOM!!!! We could barely pass each other in the hall! When it said it had a HALL-BATH- it really meant it!

GOOD TIMES!


Monday morning, Shalae & I were last to leave the house. There was a lady on the property that we figured was going to be staying upstairs?? She asked us if we were leaving & we told her "Yeah, we're going to the beach right now."


She said "Oh no. You guys have to leave today."


We told her that we just got here on Saturday & we were staying a week.


She started to be so rude to Shalae & I. She told us that we had to be out of the house by right away, because our cousin only had it through June & that the next morning she had people moving in. We went and grabbed our mom (who was on the way to the airport) & had her talk with her.


ANYWAY- she first told us that we had to be out by 9:00 AM the next morning & then changed her mind to MIDNIGHT.


We heard from neighbors that she was a loon & to ignore her... but she told us that she called the police & that if we didn't leave, she would put our names in a lawsuit, blah blah...


SO- my mom & cousin contacted Burr White Reality & in Auburns words

"we got upgraded to the RITZ"!!

So, Monday night we threw stuff in the truck & moved loads to our new home for the week! It was really nice. Closer to the sand, more rooms, the hall was not a bathroom, more beds & bathrooms. We would love to stay there again!

{Side note:The WIERD LYING LADY... (Her name was KAREN- we called her "CAR-N-JEAN". ..Thanks Roy D. Mercer) is going to be sued by our cousin from that drama plus PLENTY more.}

After dealing with Car-N-Jean, we could handle a few tantrums here & there by a 2 year old! (LOVE YA ROX! Ellie use to do the same thing!)Our Cute Grandma- (Mary Riggs) stayed with the Goodmans about 8 blocks away.
X-BOX! Where would we (I mean the boys be) without it??
Tuesday, too many girls were sunburned, so I took all of the kids down to the ocean. We looked for sand crabs all day! Jaxen caught a HUGE CRAB & Ellie caught tons of BABIES!
YAHOO! Matching, and lots of it!



Tuesday night we went to
HUNTINGTON BEACH for SURF CITY NIGHT!
Lots of shopping & plenty of weird entertainment!

Grandma Vicki bribed the kids to be good & at the end the reward: BOUNCES!!



There were LOTS of people there. AND LOTS of SALES!
Have I mentioned that Roxy spots every dog in sight & has to go say HI? It is so cute!

After HB, we ate at another MUST: El Torito Grill! AMAZING! We love the fresh tortillas with their honey butter!! YUMMY!
Speaking of FATTY TOWN- the kids had a special delivery from their moms.
What's in the box???
DONUTS of course!
More matching & great weather!

Alisse was once again THE FUN AUNT & took Ellie & Noah on rides on the boogie boards! They loved it so much!
Wednesday night we went to more Fatty Town- Thursday morning, we hooked up with Alma, Krista, (& eventually saw the rest of the fam.) to quickly shop BALBOA & the new Jacks.
P.S.-I love Balboa!
And Ellie loves to try on clothes, even if I tell her that I am not buying anything! She's so funny sometimes. We had some FAVORITE SUITS this year:
Yes, Krista & I were once again twins.. (well- I mean clothes-I wish I had her body!) Our moms just surprised us with these jackets! (THANKS MOM!)
AND- a NEW MUST- that I can not stop craving!!!! TUTI FRUITI. It is a brand new fozen yogurt shop on Balboa. I have never had anything like it. If anyone knows where to get some NonFat Vanilla frozen yogurt with fresh fruit (esp. blueberries) PLEASE let me know. I already scoped out Golden Spoon- and it's a NO!

POSER! Doing her infamous POSE!
We love LANCE... and we missed him TONS!
Thursday night we stayed at the beach until about 7:00 or 8:00. We played ball & had tons-o fun!
Well, except when Noah hit the ball so hard that it hit the pitcher in the head!
YIKES, that boy can swing! Noah felt so bad.

SUCH ATHLETES!!!
HA HA HA HA HA

{Notice Elle doing some kinda flip & just laying down in the sand..)
GOOD MORNING SUNSHINES!
Friday snuck up on us, & of course we took way too many pics!
Doodles looked DARLA, oops I mean darling.

The boys caught waves all day...
These 2 loved spending every minute together being in love!!


"A camera is out- Oh, hello!!!" - Ellie



Friday was so crazy there! It was the 4th of July & the party started early in the morning. We were dying at how many people were in the streets- ALL DAY.
IT WAS CRAZY!!!!
One more round of MARIO'S while we watched the CELEBRATION of FREEDOM in the streets.

Ah, the romance!
We were lucky enough to have "Pitures By Deb"... I mean "Pictures By Alisse" show her skills.
Pretty good, huh!



Ellie & Noah had fun at PROM.... Nice foot Ellie!
She even shot some great family shots before the sun was gone (at 8:00 pm).



We walked, or rode bikes or scotters down to Alma's for the fireworks.
Like I said- it was so crazy!!
The sand was packed that day, but JAM PACKED that night for the fireworks. Couples did not care that there were little kids right behind them- as you can see.
CeLebRatE GooD TiMes, C'mOn!
Every kid was exhausted that night , but they still wanted S'MORES so bad.
(Thanks GAS STOVE!)


They were so worn out!
The next morning we packed up & turned in our keys. (Waa, waa!)
HA HA... Auburn & Shalae! HA HA HA...
So how did we spend over $500 dollars with only 2 cars & walking, riding, taking the bus..... hmmm:
Our car ride was fun, as always. (Esp. when the kids would fall asleep)
Another favorite stop:
After the outlets we switched Roxy for Riggs.... I wonder why Riggs said our car was much more fun.....
OH WAIT- no I don't.
What a FAT, FAST, & FUN week we had at the beach.
THANKS so much mom for all that you did!
When can we go again girls?

18 comments:

{jennifer} said...

Looks like tons of fun!!! I love all the pictures and how you put them in a collage:) I will have to remember that for my next vacation post. Sean's family is going to Newport in September so I will have to get a list of the must-do's while we are there. I love Ellie and Roxie's matching swimsuits and dresses. Too cute!

Also the {unflattering} picture of carzy Karen is hilarious! From the looks of her cooler she can live on the beach for a week, those thighs take some serious up-keep!

That really stinks about you guys getting kicked out of the 1st house, but at least you got upgraded! The hall-bath is hilarious and very interesting space planning.

Beach vacations are the best!!!

Auburn said...

I am cracking up here because I just got the picture of Shalae saying, "I love you too!" I guess I didn't catch that when we were there! Also, try the new yogurt place at San Tan mall- they have fresh fruit like that.. I WANT TO GO BACK TO CALI, CALI!

Unknown said...

By noon, I need them 8000 pictures put into collages and posted on your blog.

I'm so glad I had you to shop with at the D cups & DD swap meet shop. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one with that problem.

Not only were Elles & Noah a romantic couple, but so were we. Thanks for being my roomie at the condo and the Ritz.

I'm cracking up at Jennifer's comment regarding Car-N-Jean. By the way, we still need to call if you know what I mean.

I love you "2" Auburn.

Suz, when are we going to San Tan mall?

Amy said...

Those were the cutest pictures EVER! What cute kids!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Shalae & her "By Noon" are killing me!

Thanks for the TUNA in my purse!(not pocket). Remember, I DIDN'T eat it that day! This is WAR sisters! (or shall I say, "Tuna Fay War")

And, it's PHOTOS by Deb/Alisse.

Jenny Grover said...

Hey stranger! Looks like you guys had fun at the beach. I love all the pictures. Thats funny I was in Huntington and Newport the same time! It is so crazy up there for the fourth! It's like new years. Well I hope all is well! Don't be a stranger!

Katie Peterson said...

How fun you guys all got to go to Cali with out the hubbys! I love the family pics on the beach...my thighs look like Karen's, yikes! lol

Meagan Shepherd said...

Cute pictures! Ellie is so stinkin cute! And next time you want a babysitter to come along let me know! :)

Cummards said...

I love all your pictures! How fun that you have so many to remember your fun trip! There is a yogurt place in SanTan called Yogurberry, that is what you are talking about I think. It's soo yummy, and was so glad to find it when I got here because we have one back home too!

Casey LOVES his vacuum and so does Garner, so thank you guys so much for keeping them entertained for a while. Thanks for coming to the party too!

The Field's said...

Haha. your blog is so cute. I can't believe how Riggs and Jax have grown. And Auburns little girl! Wow. You guys have such beautiful families!

Missy said...

I am dying over here at your random shots of the "interesting" people you encountered on your trip...so HILARIOUS!! Looks like you guys had a blast! And like I have said before, all the "sherwood" grandkids are beautiful...seriously, so, so cute! And I love how close you/they all are. Love it.

Patterson Family said...

Ummm Could Ellie look anymore like you? She is adorable! I love the Orange County swap meet as well! I was supposed to be their last week but missed it-glad you guys had fun!

manders said...

you guys look like you are having so much fun!!! i vote for a combo romney/sherwood cali girls trip next year. anyone else down? yeah, thats what i thought.

angiedunn said...

you guys know how to party. dude.

and how long did this post take? 'cause i'm pretty sure you deserve an award. (:

so cute. sherwood grandchildren are TDF.

Brookie said...

How fun to take a trip with just your mom, sisters and kids. You can tell that you are all so close that is neat to see:) It looks like you had a great time and you have such a cute family! As for avas sunglasses you asked about...they are mine, she left hers at home and told me to take mine off so she could wear some. She is funny:)

jewly said...

What a fun filled week. Ellie always has the cutest bathing suits and a ton of them. Too cute, love all the pictures.

Mikelle said...

W-O-W! I'm very jealous, looks like you all had a blast! I need to talk all my fam into a beach vacation...right...That'll happen.
Anyways...picture collages...I did mine on Picasa, BUT, I don't know what you are talking about, perfect? yours are darling! What did you use to do them? I love how you can stack them a bit & put words in. You'll have to let me in on the secret.(If it's photoshop-forget it, I stink at that!)
We already back in ID- I'm sad to miss out on a girls get together:(

Thautie said...

Suzzzzz! I just learned how to leave comments on blogs (thanks to my girl Nikki Black) hahahaha so here it is. I loved your pics and I miss seein you. My favorite was your bff with the black bikini on.... she was for sure a winner.