Saturday, June 7, 2008

When you need a CHuCkLe!

This last week I have been super stressed.
You know when it RAINS... it PORES.


I would rather have my trials than others, but stress is still stress, ya know...


There were a few things that cheered me up:




1) A 1/2 day road trip to ShowLow (for our cousins bridal shower) with my mom & sister Shalae.. (the prayer alone before we left- ha ha...)
We had so much food for our 1/2 day trip.
We stopped at KRISPY KREME on the way & got 3 donuts.. which were free... and that was all that we got.
2 words:
FATTY TOWN.




2) LAST weeks episode of So You Think You Can Dance!

a) that adorable & very amazing down syndrom boy... he was so good at karate! I really loved when he said: "I want to represent" and then "One more thing - I love you"!! AHHH, I loved him.

b) the Utah mom that came to ROCK with her 4 kids! I was so upset that night until I saw her! She made me day! Here is what I found online:

A clip on marriages and kids leads to Nicole Downer, a stay-at-home mom to 4 children under 6. She brings her children with her to the auditions. Her audition looked more like a mom who is dancing to try to embarrass her children rather than as a real talent. Nigel asks her how long she's been doing this. Nicole said she did tap for 14 years, but had to give it up. Nigel thought it was fun. Mary loves her personality. Mandy tells her to keep dance in her life. They don't give her a ticket to Vegas.
I looked for a video of it for a bit, but I can not find one. If you missed it - I am sorry!

3) I was cleaning out my e-mail after sending out about 10000 e-mails... and I came across an e-mail that my sister, Auburn sent me... I hate forwards, but this one.... just makes me loose it.

I can just imagine it happening to me in Bashas or something! Just read it!!:

I was shopping at the local supermarket where I selected:

A half-gallon of 2% milk,
A carton of eggs,
A quart of orange juice,
A head of romaine lettuce,
A 2 lb. can of coffee,
and A 1 lb. package of bacon.

As I was unloading my items on the conveyor belt to check out, a drunk, standing behind me, watched as I placed the items in front of the cashier. While the cashier was ringing up the purchases, the drunk calmly slurred,
'Ya mus be single.'
I was a bit startled by this proclamation, but I was intrigued by the drunk's intuition, since I was indeed single. I looked at the six items on the belt and saw nothing particularly unusual about my selections that could have tipped off the drunk to my marital status. Curiosity getting the better of me, I said:
Well, you know what, you're absolutely right, but how on earth did you know that?'

The drunk replied,

'Cause you're ugly.'
Cheers to those that can make you laugh when you are totally upset.
I hope some of this has cheered you up, too.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you made me watch SYTYCD. You forgot to mention how my e-mails also cheered you up. My favorite thing to do when I need a CHUCKLE is watch IDIOT BOYFRIEND!!

Unknown said...

(or just go to Krispy Kreme and make mom ask for 3 free donuts, nothing else that we would have to pay for)

Nicole Black said...

That is funny! So, I have been stalking your blog anonymously for awhile now and I finally decided to comment. I recently realized how exciting comments are. You are super cute and so is Ellie. I feel like I know her even though I don't think I've ever met her in real life. :) Anyway, hope you are doing good!
Love your 'girlfriend'
Nicole (Armenta)

amberbuck said...

I second you on that dancing mom, i was laughing so hard and had no one to laugh with! bless her heart. sorry you had a bad week but im glad you could still find the good things to make you smile!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Cause I'm an idoit.

And I'm your boyfriend.