Sunday, January 31, 2010

2009 Christmas

AND THE STOCKINGS WERE HUNG!

Here's a little peak at how crazy our December was!
Painting, painting.... and trying to find time for all the great things that happen in December!
INCLUDING finally getting into our own place!
We threw this wall together in 45 minutes. It really bugged me, so it has already changed...
but I am just sharing it, since this house WAS our Christmas!!



So that was our Christmas decor....
NOW FOR CHRISTMAS MORNING:
Ellie walking in the front room to see if Santa found our new house!
HE DID!!!!
Santa brought Ellie & I each a desk! (and Lance an ironing board- I promise he asked for it)
He wrote Ellie a cute note & she was so excited!
She said "Mom, I didn't even ask for anything & I got a desk!!!!"
We had such a great morning! It was so fun to spend it in our new home!


We went in the family room to see if our stockings were visited.... right as I was taking the picture- Elle found a little hidden gift from Santa!

A new doll!
Santa said that her name was LIBERTY but he called her LIBBY!

After opening our presents- Ellie was ready to bust out things and play!
(OBVIOUSLY)
That after noon we headed to my parents to TALK TO Elder Sherwood on the phone!
It was so fun for all of us to talk to him & hear how good he was doing!
He'll be home in just a couple months!
YEAH!!!!
We dug into stockings ....




Then we were on to the presents under the tree!
The 3 youngest girls each had a cute new {singing} baby to love!

This year the sisters did our pajama gifts... I LOVE SHALAE'S!! (from Alisse)
Don't worry- she tried them on for all of us!
(I got a cute dress & slipper boots from Auburn .... ask Lance if I ever miss a morning w/out a robe & slippers.. cause I don't!)
All the son-in-laws with Sam & their new fishing poles...
but when is the fishing trip????
My mom is Miss Crafty Quilter lately-
check out the ADORABLE aprons that she made for us:
I LOVE THEM!!
It was another great Christmas!
Hope everyone else had a good one, too!

9 comments:

the cummard family said...

i'm glad we got to be a part of all the cummard christmas traditions, even if part of our family was in utah...and we were homeless ;) i couldn't have survived without you and LANCE! please know how greatful i was to the two of you for always helping with my kids. they love you both so so much. miss you guys! oh ya, and super cute house.

Brittney Smith said...

Congrats on your new home!! I love all the paint. Christmas looked like fun!!

See it Try it Love it said...

Is Ellie seriously dressed and hair done up in ribbons before she even comes out to see her presents! Only Ellie. No pajamas while opening presents for the Cummards

Unknown said...

Ellie needs a brother or sister. For some reason, seeing her as the only child on Christmas morning in those pics makes me sad. I've never felt sad for Noah as the only child but maybe since he's not anymore I don't want Ellie to be either! Get on that. haha

The Tyler's said...

Loved every second of this post! Your new house looks amazing and perfect! I want to see before and afters!
Glad you guys had a great Christmas. Your decor is the dreamiest I've ever seen! I'll for sure need to come see the new place this summer!

Kristen Arnett said...

Congrats on your new house! I love the brick fireplace, the matching aprons in the kitchen, the striped wall, and all of your decor! Ellie is so cute as always! And those aprons your mom made are the cutest things ever!

Heaton's said...

Congrats on the new house! I love the stripes and all the decorations!! And how is Ellie fully dressed and accessorized before opening presents??? Messy hair and pajamas is what Christmas morning is all about! Or for my kids, the clothes you wore the night before.

Unknown said...

I haven't looked at your blog forever but I finally did at it is sooo cute! You are like the picture perfect Mom! You're family is amazing!

Debbie said...

Love this post! Cute house! Your families always have so much fun. Makes life an adventure! Y.E.A.H.