Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ellie Felt So Special During Her BirthWeek

On March 14- Ellie turned 5. FIVE!
Lance & I have a five year old... that's crazy! She's crazy.. and we love her for it.

Lance & I were in Las Vegas for Lee's basketball tournament.

(Side note: My family called me one day to warn me what Ellie picked out. - YIKES - I guess this is one of the reasons I give her options on clothes. She told them "my mom would let me wear this." YEAH RIGHT ELLE.)I was so bummed to not be with her on her special day. We kept calling her & saying "HaPpy BiRtHdaY". She would act excited, but she was very busy & very entertained.

She spent the weekend nights with my mom & Shalae. The morning of her actual b-day, she woke up to her 2nd mom- Shalae.
Shalae smuthered her with loves, kisses & cuddles. She told her all about the morning she was born & Ellie LOVED it.
Ellie did feel special.
When I would call home I would ask to talk to Ellie. One time, someone got on the phone & answered in an ugly voice "shalome" (sp?).... I waited. I thought it was Shalae. Nope! It was Ellie. She had been hanging out with Shalae a little too much. ha ha
Ellie told me: "Mom, Shalae dolled me up today!".
Yep, she sure did. (thanks)
Not long after Ellie had gotten ready for the day- my mom came & picked her up to spend some time with the special b-day girl.
So later G-ma Vicki (my mom) and Aunt Leasy (my sis- Alisse) took Ellie shopping.
Baby Dolls - Ellie loves them!!! She picked out a cute baby, a potty, & dress up clothes for her baby.
She felt so special. (thanks)
We got home that night. Ellie had already been taken out for dinner by my parents. (SUPRISINGLY Ellie did not want the waitresses to sing to her... not sure why.)
The next day was Sunday & the Sherwoods got together to celebrate 2 birthdays:
Ellie {Auburn} & {Aunt} Auburn.

Ellie was spoiled with presents & attention.

She felt so special!

Shalae brought over Conley (her new friend) to meet our whole family. You can click on Shalae's blog for some more details.
(Monday was the sleepover at G-ma Cheryls) Tuesday was St. Patricks Day & Ellie was a gym rat (what's new) with Noah & Roxy.
That night, G-ma Cheryl had her traditional GREEN meal.
Ellie had been looking forward to this! Finally- money grab, birthday bag....
and she got to open her presents from G-ma Cheryl. (they went shopping together for her presents earlier that week- which made her feel so special) Here's what Elle picked out & some of the things from her b-day bag:
Can you tell why Ellie felt so special???
(this doesn't even include her 5th b-day party... a post of it's own)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Ellie! Seriously, Suzanne, she is beautiful. She is going to keep her daddy busy trying to keep the boys away in about 10 years!!

Jamie W. said...

Happy birthday Ellie. You have a 5 year old holy cow. I know I know I have a 7 year I still think I am crazy : ) Cute birthday shirt Emma wore that exact same one. It's good to feel special and spoiled on your birthday. She is one cute girl!!