Sunday, May 5, 2013

Charlie, Our New Dog

 Lance & Ellie went shopping with Shalae the Saturday before Christmas to buy me a gift. They were looking for a bike when they saw a couple selling puppies in the Wal Mart parking lot. Ellie said "let's get a puppy!" Lance thought about it for about 2 seconds & decided "sure".
He wasn't sure what kind of dog it was for sure (we still aren't sure), if it was a girl or a boy, how old...



 Everyone in  my family knew about the dog but me.
Brad & Danielle kept the dog for one night.
The dog stayed at my parents for a day.
Shalae's family kept him on Christmas Eve where 
him & Noah bonded.


 Christmas morning I was shocked!!!
Lance had me go get my present in the laundry room.
Shalae had called me a little before this to tell me to get Christmas started... 
When I opened the door to the laundry room, there was a cage with a quiet little puppy inside.
I was dying & I might have started crying.

 The puppy was so sweet.
He wasn't sure about me, but he loved Lance.
He knew he was the one who saved him!






After a day or so, our puppy was named, 
CHARLIE.
While Auburn & I were undecorating Christmas at our Grandma Riggs house, we realized that Charlie had ants all over in his food & had gotten bit all over around his face.
So sad. We read that we could give him a little Benadryl to help him with the swelling etc..
Look at that swollen face.

 Charlie was spoiled & he loved it.




 In the first few weeks we taught Charlie how to sit, shake, lay down & roll over.



 Right away he loved to sit right on us like he was a cat or a tiny puppy.

His ears stand straight up, but when they are forced down, he looks a lot more like a lab.
 And of course, I have to dress him up!
This was my old dogs shirt!
SPARKY EARS.

No comments: