Sunday, April 25, 2010

Welcoming Home Elder Sherwood

The 2008 airport picture has been the first picture on my camera for 2 years now!
So different!
We all had stomach aches as we waited for Brad.
As you can see my parents were the most anxious! They stood as far as they could & watched the walk way.
We welcomed everyone "home" that came from that gate!
It was a great day for all of us!!!


Our parents:
The welcoming team!
(Russ- why are you hiding?)
Ahhh, the siblings! ha ha
Brad w/ our fam:
Brad w/ the nieces & nephews- {minus the Price girls}
The sign Alisse made:

HOME AT LAST!
Brad had been telling us what he was craving & what his FIRST meal would be when he came home for a couple months at least... the food changed almost every letter.
He chose- TEXAS ROAD HOUSE!
We could all tell he was overwhelmed!
After lunch- he wanted to give us a couple things.
MOM- towell.. flag of Brazil. He gave all of the girls MONEY from Brazil.
The kids- one of his favorite drinks..
All the guys got JERSEYS- he said "if you wear a jersey in Brazil, that pretty much means YOU'RE THE MAN"
And as you can see, Lance is THE MAN!
It was such a fun day & has been so nice to have him home.
His "homecoming talk" at church was amazing. He was an amazing missionary! We are so glad that he was able to serve in Brazil for 2 years. It has not only blessed him, & the people he served in Brazil, but all of us in our family.

2 comments:

Brookie said...

My brother came home from his mission in November...so the memories of his homecoming are still fresh in my mind. Isn't it so great to have him back! I love newly returned missionarys...so cute! The pictures of your parents waiting for him to get off the airplane made me smile because my parents were the same way! I can only imagine how it will feel when I have to send my two sons on their mission...bitter-sweet:)
I say this all the time but your whole family is darling!! so glad you posted!:)
xoxo

MichelleY said...

what a fun day for your family. you have been BUSY again, but looks like you guys are doing good and enjoying your new cute house. sorry i missed your party the other night...i totally spaced that one, invite me again, k? and we need to go out sometime soon, i feel like we haven't talked in forever :)