Monday, January 5, 2009

OUR CHRISTMAS 2008

It started off as a "MARY CHRISTMAS" with our Grandma {Mary} Riggs & the Riggs cousins on Dec. 23rd.

We all had a great time.
(Wow, how our family has grown! We took a family picture of ALL of us before dinner, and it had been so many years since the last time that was done. I don't think anyone realized how many of us there were. Next year we'll all have to meet together somewhere larger.)
.......................................


Next thing we knew- it was CHRISTMAS EVE with the CUMMARDS!

We did all the traditional things that I love....
* We all prepared parts of the delish. meal
* The kids performed the nativity
(Missy Elliot was an ANGEL)
The little kids were so cute & so funny! Just look at their faces & their costumes. They loved it. I think that I took more pics of them than Elle- oops!


*We cuddled with the babies....
Ellie loved "taking care" of baby Presley .. and anyone else small that would let her love them for a minute or two.
* We exchanged gifts
Grandma Cheryl goes above & beyond when it comes to gifts.
This gift she was holding even made her emotional!
It was a 14" bronze statue of Hyrum & Joseph Smith (brothers). At the bottom she had "FRIENDS ARE GOOD BUT BROTHERS ARE BETTER" put on it. That is the Cummard family motto.
..............................................
After a long {sleepless} night it was CHRISTMAS MORNING!

When we came in the living room, SANTA had not only filled our stockings, but had brought Ellie a cute little baby doll with a note from him!
Ellie was so excited & kept telling me:
"Mom, look how cute this baby is. I love her!"

Right after we looked at our stockings, Noah came over to show us what Santa had brought him....
A NEW BIKE!!!

So we told Noah that we were going to count to see how fast he could ride his bike to the back yard.
Ellie found that SANTA HID A GIFT FOR HER IN THE BACKYARD:

YEP! A NEW BIKE!!!
I loved when she said:
"Mom, I thought Santa just brought me a baby.... but he brought me a bike, too!"
It was so cute, because she was so happy just having the baby.
Ellie was excited about everything that she opened... she is so easy to please! I LOVE IT!
Ellie picked out this cute pink & brown polka dot tie for Lance to start his new job! (congrats)
We may be a small family, but we always have so much fun, no matter what!
THANKS to our SECRET SANTA- whoever you were.
It made our Christmas this year! Thank-you, thank-you.
That afternoon, everyone came over to my parents. (including both sets 0f grandparents & the missionaries who live on their rec room)
What were we all totally looking forward to?
TALKING TO ELDER SHERWOOD IN BRAZIL!!!!!
My mom dialed so many times & she kept getting the busy signal... AHHH!!
But by the look on this face - obviously she finally heard his voice.
We put the phone on speaker and passed it around...
All of us were so excited to say hi to him, ask him some questions & just to hear his voice that we have not heard for almost 9 months!

The funniest things to most of us was how Brad's voice had changed because of his accent. Also, he was telling us that him & his companion wanted MacDonalds for lunch, because they were craving FOOD AMERICAN. All of started laughing & had to remind him that we say AMERICAN FOOD in America. All of has a great time listening to him around "the fire".... AKA- the Christmas music channel. (My grandpa Sherwood kept joking saying that his knees were starting to burn from the fire... but later I about died when my Grandma Riggs asked if it was really hot! ha ha- LOVE HER!)
While our parents finished up talking to Brad, we took the kids outside so they could show us some moves!

All 3 of the youngest grandkids got BIKES from SANTA! (Little did Santa know - Noah already caught on.. he has ditched those training wheels for good!)
Later on, we moved to the stockings!
(Can't wait for our (G-ma's) girls trip to Newport coming up!)
Next - we moved on to exchanging gifts.
Of course, we all exchanged some loves, too!

My mom & dad gave Ellie this Barbie computer- that she LOVES!!!
They gave Rox a pee-pee-on-the-potty-doll!!

SHE WAS IN LOVE as soon as she saw her.
Ahh, the fire just added the perfect touch.
I forgot to get out part of my dads present... but later look who joined us:
My {great} friend- Shellene Garner helped me put this together.
The only bad thing - ROXY IS SO AFRAID of it. She calls it "The Man." She was clinging to her mom the first time she saw it. She knows it's Brad, but it is a little bigger & it really isn't him.. kinda scary... I guess.
Roxy: "Mom, can you carry me down the hall, because The Man is in that room and I scared. I scared of The Man."
After presents, lunch & a couple naps.... Mamma Mia was enjoyed by a few.

Esp.- this miss!
She knows most of the songs & loves to dance to all of them.

That night we went back to Grandma Cheryls to see more family & see if Santa visited their houses, too.
...........................................................
The day after Christmas:
Lance, Ellie, me, Shalae, Noah & my mom went and saw a cute movie:
Marley & Me was really cute.... but it hit too close to home.
I got my MAJORLE Dog on Christmas morning when I was in 6th grade. He was the best dog for our family. The way his life ended was so much like the movie- it brought back all those sad feelings. I miss our dog so much, but I love all the memories that our family & Majorle have.
I am still quite behind on my blogging- maybe I should set a goal about this?!?!
I hope everyone had a great
Christmas & New Year.
HAPPY 2009!

4 comments:

See it Try it Love it said...

Wow sounds very Eventful. So glad your holidays were Merry. Ellie is the cutest I hope Presley is just like big cousin Ell

Alisse Baldwin said...

I still absolutely LOVE the video of her noticing her bike! And Rox admiring her doll is too funny.

Cummards said...

Lee told me about Lance's job, that's so exciting! Good luck to you guys, I hope everything works out great!

How fun that all the little kids got bikes! They can ride them all together now, and start their own "bike gang"...in your mom's backyard.

Lizzy and Porter said...

The Christmas pics are too cute!! It was good to see you today, Suz. You are beautiful, as always. I seriously wanna get together for a park day. Let me know when's good for you and we'll get the girls together.