Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Gonna Party Like It's Your Birthday...



Well... maybe not at a club... but at least party at Matta's! (Summer's favorite restraunt!)



We get to celebrate one of my sister in-laws birthdays again today...

SUMMER!

Summer is so much fun! She is a very happy person & so easy going! I am so lucky to have her in my family. Here are some things about her that make her the great person she is:



* Summer is so fun to be with... whether it's a party or just hanging out. She always lightens the mood.

* Summer is an awesome {fun} wife & mom. She teaches her kids well & it shows. Her world revolves around her kids & husband.



* Her family is totally organized... from schedules, dinners, clean house, you name it. In her words

"she runs a TIGHT SHIP"

... TRUE. I like to tease her that I am going to drop off Ellie for a few days, have Summer get her on a good schedule & then I'll pick her up when shes all trained!



* Summer loves each of her kids & treats them all fair. She sees the best in her kids & I love that! PLUS- I love her adorable kids so much.

* GAMES? What.... Summer is almost always in. I don't really ever win her (or anyone else for that matter).. but I still love to play. She stays patient as all of my in-laws teach me games AGAIN/remind me how to play.


* She basicly lives at the cabin over the summer & visits as much as possible.


* Summer is a great cook... I esp. love her Mexican cooking! YUM.


* Summer is...one


TALL GLASS OF WATER! {Not fair!} She's the tallest of the 6 girls.


* Summer is very pretty. Even without make-up... she has lots of natural beauty.
* Speaking of looks- she sits in the shade at one of her favorite HOT SPOTS .. (NEWPORT BEACH) & gets so dark. - (NOT cool, Summer.... all I get are freckles)


* Summer loves the beach & gets giddy just thinking about it. We love that the Cummards have a traditional trip. We always have a great time & make so many fun memories there. (It was really hard for us to miss it this year...)
* Summer is a softy... don't get me wrong- she's NO push over.... she tries to think of others first & is sensitive to others feelings.



* Summer has a strong testimony of our church & has a good relationship with H.F.! She is an example for so many people.



* Summer has an awesome mom- BRENDA. You can see that Summer gets a lot of great things from her mom. Who doesn't love Brenda? She is also so much fun & is always willing to help.

Addicted to - well... Mattas, being a mom, coupons, laughing, having a good time, keeping the peace, the cabin, family, saving money, the beach, church, Jon, CVS, BYU basketball {cheering on Lee}, and so much more!!!
There are so many more things that I love & admire about Summer!!!

If I had to describe her in only a few words, I would say:

"Laid back & simple".



Thanks for being such a good friend, fun sister in-law, and Aunt for Ellie!

HAVE a GREAT birthday & eat as much chips & salsa as you can!!


I love you!


Love, SUZ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

suzy,
thank you for such a sweet post what a great way to start off the day!(also thanks for not mentioning my age! lol) your kind word mean alot and yes i do "run a tight ship" (come on over ellie your always welcome)& yes i am counting the minutes til labor day weekend for some cabin time, games, food, & lots of fun!
thanks agian love, summer